Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Thanks to those who responded to the ING Direct $25 sign up bonus...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks to those who responded to the ING Direct $25 sign up bonus...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2002, 11:54 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sunil... you better check. Centurion bank has just (as of 8/1) reduced their APR to 2.75%... I know, I have accounts with them.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 12:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:

Here's my problem:
I opened a joint ING savings account with my child, and transferred the initial deposit from my checking account (a different one from my regular one). The deposit will register at ING but eventually be reversed, because according to ING, the checking account is "frozen". I talk to my checking account people, they say the account is fine. I've tried a couple of more times with the same result.

Has anyone run into this problem? I would appreciate any suggestions/help.
</font>
My wife encountered a similar problem. When she changed banks...ING said that her new Bank account was frozen which was not entirely true. ING freeze your ING Account that is linked to the new account for security measures. It normalized in about 3-5 days...give them a call and talk to a different person!
BTW: if anyone is interested my email addy is [email protected] and any referallas are greatly appreciated!

[This message has been edited by afang (edited 08-06-2002).]
Old Aug 20, 2002, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Location: Naples, FL/Monaco ... Hilton Gold ... Starwood Gold...Hyatt Plat

I also still have a few referrals for the ING promo..Email me your full name and email address. Sign up via the link sent to you by ING and earn the $25 bonus. No minimum to open and never any fees.

Thanks in advance,

------------------
Tom
Old Aug 20, 2002, 2:49 pm

ING seems to have the largest mkt cap of any life assurance company listed on the NYSE, so i expect they can afford decent software...but i have found banking software all takes a bit of getting used to; i guess the security issues make it that way
Old Aug 21, 2002, 3:44 pm

(Again) -- one can get $50 for opening an account here:

https://banking.ingdirect.com/saving...p?p=%99WSs%A8u

Disclaimer: I don't know if anyone makes referal money from this link, but it's not me in any case.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 10:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SMessier:
(Again) -- one can get $50 for opening an account here:

Disclaimer: I don't know if anyone makes referal money from this link, but it's not me in any case.
</font>
This sounds like a good deal...tranferring the bonus to the actual account holder!

Old Aug 22, 2002, 4:26 pm

when I follow the link:

I don't see any mention of the $50 bonus. I already have an ING account but want to open one for each of my kids. Has anybody done this successfully (meaning w/ big bonus bucks ;-) )? If so, how? Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 2:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lynowens:
I don't see any mention of the $50 bonus. </font>
Click "Go" which brings:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">You are eligible for a $50 account opening bonus simply by opening and funding your account with ING DIRECT today! To learn more about our high rate, no fees, no minimums Orange Savings Account</font>
Old Aug 24, 2002, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lynowens, I have not been successful with my kid's account. (see my post above)

Just found another benefit to ING: It has a partnership with Privista offering a credit report service for $30 a year. The package
includes credit reporting, credit score report, and alert service. It costs less and offers more than my current provider, so I'm going to make a change.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:36 am

ING savings rates are currently 2.30% (up from 2.25% i believe last week).

their best feature (besides simplicity & the best rates) is that you can transfer money in AND OUT to other accounts, free. I sure can't do that with Wells Fargo or E*TRADE (in, maybe...)

they're still offering the referral bonus -- if you've been thinking about signing up, send me your e-mail address and you'll get $25 free and I get $10. email: [email protected]

Old Feb 6, 2003, 11:08 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
[b]lynowens, I have not been successful with my kid's account. (see my post above)

They must have a checking account in order to open an acct. with ING.to get the $50.Anyone know of any banks that have no fee checking accts. for children to open?

[This message has been edited by cspera (edited 02-06-2003).]
Old Feb 6, 2003, 1:19 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cspera:
[B] [QUOTE]Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
[b]lynowens, I have not been successful with my kid's account. (see my post above)

They must have a checking account in order to open an acct. with ING.to get the $50.Anyone know of any banks that have no fee checking accts. for children to open?

It has to be a checking account specifically? Not a savings account?
Old Feb 7, 2003, 8:56 am

Did everyone here get their $25/$50 bonus? I didn't. I deposited $1 to test the system, and they never deposited the promised $25, which was supposed to be deposited "automatically". When I e-mailed them, they told me that I had to call them about it, which didn't sound very "automatic," and in fact sounded like the beginning of a highly frustrating chain of communications with ING's customer service. So I gave up, and I'm letting my dollar rot in their account, and they can absorb all the administrative costs associated with my $1 account as my thanks for not coming through with the promised $25 bonus.
Old Feb 7, 2003, 9:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BBRebozo:
Did everyone here get their $25/$50 bonus? </font>
I got the $50 bonus. Thanks ING Direct
Old Feb 7, 2003, 4:32 pm

)

It has to be a checking account specifically? Not a savings account?[/B][/QUOTE]
You must be a US citizen or resident with a valid social security number.
Accounts must be opened with an opening deposit from your personal checking account.
Money Market accounts with check writing privileges offered by brokerage or investment firms are not eligible. Also, if you see on your check the words 'Payable through' with another bank name listed, this account cannot be used to make your initial deposit.
Account holders must be at least 16 years old or a joint holder with an adult.
Additional electronic deposits will begin to accrue interest two business days after the deposit is made and be available for withdrawal after 5 business days. Please note that for security reasons initial deposits are held 10 business days. After this initial hold has expired, funds that have been on deposit for more than 5 business days may be withdrawn.
Transfers to your checking account will generally be at your bank within 3 business days.
You may link up to 3 personal checking accounts. To add a link, send a personal check, made out for as little as $1.00, with your customer number and the word 'Link' on the check memo line. For added security, when you request that we add a link, we will place a 5 business day hold on all your ING DIRECT account balances.
Once per year, ING DIRECT will deposit $1.00 and withdraw $1.00 to confirm your checking account link is still in effect.
Accounts set up on line will automatically be scheduled for electronic statements. If you would prefer to receive paper statements, go to the 'View My Account' page of the website, click on the 'My Info' tab and request your paper statements. Statements are generated each month that there is activity on your account. Setting up an Automatic Savings Plan can guarantee a statement is generated monthly.
Although ING DIRECT does not charge fees, ING DIRECT cannot control the fees charged by your existing bank. Generally, banks do not charge for electronic funds transfers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.