Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-Rewards - where is my $$$$$$$$$

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2003, 4:48 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Maybe its cause English is not my first language... but... didnt we have through the end of the day TODAY to clean out our E-rewards accounts..???

I tried to do that today and found that my balance was already reduced by 75% !!!!! I just sent them an email about this..... lets see what they respond. Anybody else come across this..???

Thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Indeed.

Mine are gone too, just as I logged in to cash out before the deadline.

I've emailed them as well.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 5:46 am

Just checked and my account has been reduced by 75% as well. The point is that I already reedemed my 2002 money and all that was left in my account were erewards earned in 2003.
Is the year Jan-Dec and then you have until end of march to reedem or is it Apr-Mar?
Old Mar 31, 2003, 6:17 am

I can't believe it!!

Our accounts have been reduced too. I was waiting till the last minute, hoping for that one email that would bring my account up to the next reward level.

Now what? I have heard that e-rewards are not very responsive. Does anyone have a telephone number for them.

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2003, 6:22 am

is there a number to call them to b****
them out...
Old Mar 31, 2003, 6:26 am

I just found their telephone number

214-782-2800
Old Mar 31, 2003, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; United Silver
Same thing happened to my balance. I tried to call the number and just got a recording to leave a telephone number. I am overseas at the moment. Probably won't get a call back.
I'll watch this thread to see if anyone's situation is resolved.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:23 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
All of my left over points from last year have been removed.

My wife's account which she didn't start until January 1 has had a substantial % of her points removed.

Who ever did the automatic programing on this has messed up big time.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:27 am
CMW

I too am in the same boat. I knew I should have redeemed on Friday! I sent them an e-mail as well.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:33 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I was doing exactly what was posted above, waiting until the last minute to top off the account.

Im also very pissed off by the fact they didnt even send you a reminder email about the expiring points... it looks like they are just trying to sneak away with getting us to read all their stuff for free.

Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:52 am

Programs: United, AA
Same here

Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:52 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA, DL, AS, HH Silver, PC Gold
I earned ~$56 last year & cashed in $50 for the AA reward (btw the 2500 bonus miles just posted this wkend). Overnite my $15 balance (mostly from this year) has dropped to $7!!!!

If anyone has luck w/ CS pls advise.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 7:53 am

I was just on the E-Rewads site reading their
policy on the expiration of e-reward currency.

It clearly states that,
"All e-Rewards Currency earned in a calendar year must be redeemed March 31 of the following calendar year." In my opinion this wording includes the date of March 31. Otherwise it would have been worded 'before March 31st.

This clearly has to be a system glitch. Let's hope they fix it by the end of the day, so we can all redeem our e-rewards currency ASAP

I have copied their rules below.

8) Expiration of e-Rewards Currency

All e-Rewards Currency earned from Member’s enrollment date until December 31, 2001, must be redeemed by March 31, 2002.
Beginning January 1, 2002, Member will earn e-Rewards Currency on an annual basis corresponding to the calendar year.

All e-Rewards Currency earned in a calendar year must be redeemed March 31 of the following calendar year. (Example: e-Rewards Currency earned on November 15, 2002, must be redeemed by March 31, 2003.)

Subject to subsection (e) below, after March 31 of a given year, any e-Rewards Currency in a Member’s account earned in the prior calendar year will expire, and will be removed from the Member’s account. (Example: e-Rewards Currency earned on July 24, 2003, will expire on March 31, 2004.)
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the e-Rewards Service will automatically roll over 25% of Member’s e-Rewards Currency account balance from a prior calendar year (as it stands immediately prior to midnight of March 31) into Member’s e-Rewards Currency account balance for the current calendar year. (Example: At midnight of March 31, 2002, Member has $100 of unredeemed e-Rewards Currency earned in calendar year 2001, and $25 of unredeemed e-Rewards Currency earned in calendar year 2002, for a total account balance of $125 in e-Rewards Currency. On the morning of April 1, 2002, Member will have a total account balance of $50 in e-Rewards Currency: $25 from calendar year 2002, and $25 (25% of $100) rolled over from calendar year 2001.)
9) Proprietary Rights to Content

Old Mar 31, 2003, 8:22 am

This company is awful at returning e-mails, so don't expect that to happen anytime soon. The only luck I've had in the past was calling the number (which I think is the marketing department), and asking them to have customer service call me.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 9:25 am

Just got an email reply from Cathy Gumpert, and my points are back in my account. I will be redeeming NOW!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.