Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Milesource redemptions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Milesource redemptions?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2002, 6:24 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Milesource redemptions?

I usually cash out for gift certificates.com, but with the rumors of them going out of business, I am a little leery. Has anyone ever cashed out for the travel vouchers? Like the ones for $25 off an airline ticket? How does this work? Is is a voucher they send you or do you have to book a flight through a specific travel company? Any one do this? Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 2:51 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Feb 26, 2002, 3:46 pm

I believe that you have to use THEIR agency to redeem the discount.

Don't know what to say about the GC.Com rumor.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 4:17 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I think you might have to use their agency, too. I suppose I should email them and try to get an answer! Thanks for the reply.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:51 am

I have about 10,000 milesource points and I think its time to redeem them. I see two options.

1) 25$ Marriott Gift cert for 3500 + 50$ Marriott Gift cert for 6000. The question is if I can combine those two?

2)Westgate Resorts offers you One Free Night Luxury Accommodations! Choose between: Orlando, FL - Las Vegas, NV - Park City, UT - Gatlinburg, TN Additional nights available for as low as $59.00 per night.

It seems like one night only cost 2000 which means I can afford 5 nights(Can I order several nights doing this?). Has anyone stayed at a WestGate resort?

http://www.westgateresorts.com/page....20Lakes%20Page

Now to the question, which one should I take?
Old Jan 1, 2003, 5:00 am

They do not use GC.COM anymore. They use another company that is mainly internet stores. However, if you redeem at milesource, you have a few options to use real stores like Macy's.

------------------
Old Jan 1, 2003, 6:30 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I put in for a redemption request on 9/3/02 for $50 in Hyatt gift certificates and received two $25 Hyatt gift certificates on 12/27/02. I emailed the folks at Milesource a few weeks ago inquiring when I would get them and received a reply within 6 hours indicating it would arrive before the end of the year.

Milesource seems to be taking much longer to fulfill redemptions than they used to but they still come through in the end.

The Hyatt gift certificates are combineable and I have never had any problem with them at any hotel or resort.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 01-01-2003).]
Old Jan 1, 2003, 6:32 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 01-01-2003).]
Old Jan 19, 2003, 12:04 am

Do you just use them at any ol' Marriott or do you have to book (at lousy rates??) through their agency?
Old Jan 19, 2003, 12:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
Has anyone stayed at a WestGate resort?</font>
Not sure if it's too late to throw my 2 cents in about the WestGate resort. I stayed at the one you linked to (I believe there are several in the Orlando area) and it was very nice. Definitely worth it in my opinion if you go there. I may have to check my Milesource account and see if I have enough points to stay there again.
Old Jan 19, 2003, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
My experience is that they still haven't given me movie tickets that I requested in December 2001. They redeposited my points to my account without bothering to tell me, about 6 months ago. Since then, they have never replied to any of my email and never replied to phone messages I've left them.

(The award level for movie tickets at the time was lower than it is now, so I can't just re-request the award. I also don't want to waste my time earning points on such a shonky site to go through this ludicrous procedure again.)

Avoid them like the plague would be my advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.