Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

PointClick Going Down Fast!

Old Sep 27, 2000, 4:03 pm
DH
Original Poster

PointClick is changing earning/redeemption rules AGAIN effective Oct 2!

Beginning October 2, you will be earning POINTS for surfing and shopping. You will no longer be offered cash for surfing, nor will stores carry percentage discounts. We will no doubt still offer cash incentives from time to time, but generally points will be what you earn.
The points you earn will automatically enter you into sweepstakes where you can win cash and prizes. The more you surf and shop, the better your chances are of being a winner. PointClick will announce daily, monthly, and quarterly winners. (This is not like a lottery, where there may be no winner. Every sweepstakes has a winner.)
In October you will have the opportunity to win one of 60 BIG SCREEN TV's and $50,000 in cash. In addition, you'll be entered automatically in the quarterly drawing for $100,000, which will be awarded on December 31, 2000.
Any money you currently have in your account will be available for you to spend as you shop through December 31, 2000. You still will be able to save 5% on specified sites through September 29. So if you've been waiting to make a purchase and you want to save an extra 5%--now is the time!
You've asked for a larger selection of sites to shop. We've added 150 new brand name sites in the last 60 days and continue to add sites daily. If availability of product is important to you, our site has just improved dramatically.
------------------
For money savings ideas & tips check & FF miles bonus for finance & auto buying check out ValueConsumer.com
Old Sep 28, 2000, 12:14 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
This is really annoying. I have money I won't be able to spend because it will put me over the $600 non-taxable limit for the year. Oh well...I spend too much time on Pointclick anyway; this will give me a REALLY good reason to quit using Pointclick.
Old Sep 28, 2000, 2:35 am
stu

You might still have a chance. I would assume that the $600 per year is the amount of money that they reimburse you. Not the money that you spend. So it might be possible that a purchase at the end of the year would not cause you to exceed the limit.

Of course you would need to verify this with a tax attorney and/or Pointclick :-)
Old Sep 28, 2000, 11:16 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Excellent thought! Yes, the $600 is the reimbursement limit per year. It takes Pointclick a few days to confirm the purchase so if I bought something on Decdmber 31, the check would definitely not get cut until after January 1. Thank you!!! Too bad that extra 5% is going away on 9/29, though.
Old Oct 12, 2000, 7:54 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
That's if PointClick sends you a check ... I made purchases in July that I should have been sent a check for in August ... I checked the site yesterday, and still no sign of them paying me for it yet ...
Old Oct 12, 2000, 8:43 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A similar story here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000259.html
Old Oct 12, 2000, 9:27 pm
In Memoriam

This is funny, because just today I e-mailed PointClick that I had not received my check yet although their site showed it had been approved ($49.95). I got a return e-mail within about two hours saying they were sorry, blah, blah, blah, but that I would get it soon. Boy, if they renege on these checks that we had to purchase something to get, that would really be something. I mean, I made the purchase just because it was supposedly free. Luckily after I made the one purchase I decided I didn't have time for it anymore and have not spent anymore time on it. I hope we all get our checks.
Old Oct 17, 2000, 3:59 pm
In Memoriam

Just received the following via e-mail. The check's NOT in the mail (at least not yet.)
-------------------------------
Dear Paula,

Many of you have inquired regarding the status of reimbursement requests for the August and September pay periods. PointClick deeply regrets the delay in sending payment to you. We realize this is an inconvenience and a disappointment. It is never our desire to delay payment to any of our loyal members. On Monday, October 16, 2000 we received a commitment for a second round of funding. When that funding closes, we will be able to send your payment to you. These things are never all that precise, but we believe that the closing will occur during the second or third week of November. We will keep you updated as that time approaches.

Once again, we apologize for the delay. If we had the cash to send, we would do so now. As you may have noticed, many Internet companies are not able to get any kind of financing at this time. We feel fortunate that investors see merit in our business and want to fund our growth. We certainly intend for all our members to receive exactly what they have been promised. Most of you have been patient and understanding and we appreciate it.

To check the mailing address that your check is being mailed to, go to the Member Area ("modify account" link) in the PointClick Web site (click on the link below--you will have to login before you get to the page with your information).
http://www.pointclick.com/clicker/UpdateInfo

PointClick http://www.pointclick.com
Old Oct 17, 2000, 4:37 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I had long ago cashed out most of my points at pointclick. They have removed the restriction for a $25 minimum redemption upto the end of the year, and send me an email that I could cash out my remaining dollars by the end of the year.
Old Oct 17, 2000, 8:40 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sorry to hear this!

I've got about $55. "tied up" here!

I was thinking a few days ago of making a $50 book purchase. I guess you just make a purchase by clicking thru the pointclick site and then you hope for reimbursement?

Do I need to do anything else?

Or is this just flat out a bad idea at this time?

To think that I could have just requested a $50 check so long ago!

Thanks for the heads up and advice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.