Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints [Master Thread]--NEW

Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: viajero boricua
Additional Info about MyPoints

UA occasionally goes out of stock, but usually returns within a few days.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:27 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Reading FT, it looks like MOPS has suspended my account. Not sure why, but they prolly suspect my hotel spend, which is all legitimate and credited to MyPoints for the simple reason that there is 5000 UA miles for xx number of MyPoints. Smh.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
It's here today:
https://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/shop-...FifthAveOFF5th
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
How long does it take for United MyPoints redemption?

I redeemed 6,100 points for 2,500 United miles almost a month ago. I'm still waiting for the miles to post to my UA account. I know the T&Cs say "Allow 6-8 weeks for miles from partner transactions to post," but does it really take this long? My transfers with e-rewards and e-miles have posted much faster.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

I redeemed 6,100 points for 2,500 United miles almost a month ago. I'm still waiting for the miles to post to my UA account. I know the T&Cs say "Allow 6-8 weeks for miles from partner transactions to post," but does it really take this long? My transfers with e-rewards and e-miles have posted much faster.

-FlyerBeek
It only took about 2 or 3 weeks for 5,000 miles to post for me recently.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:02 pm

Shamrock

Today it is under "refer a friend" on top bar. The clover is not at its usual place at top right, but more towards the middle of the page.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Faye
Today it is under "refer a friend" on top bar. The clover is not at its usual place at top right, but more towards the middle of the page.
Thanks, I won 25 points today!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:47 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by uxb
Reading FT, it looks like MOPS has suspended my account. Not sure why, but they prolly suspect my hotel spend, which is all legitimate and credited to MyPoints for the simple reason that there is 5000 UA miles for xx number of MyPoints. Smh.
Apparently, my account is not suspended (according to MOPS). In fact, I'm still able to earn points. I am just not able to log in... at all. I'm able to bypass this by changing my password, but it is a one-off. It's very disappointing since I missed out on the final days of the clover drawing and am still unable to fully use my account. Smh.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al

-FlyerBeek
My UA miles finally posted this week. As a data point, the redemption took 5 weeks to complete.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:01 am
uxb

My UA miles finally posted this week. As a data point, the redemption took 5 weeks to complete.

-FlyerBeek
I've noticed they've been slogging along on these redemptions. On average it takes 2-3 weeks. I think they do them in batches.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I find the best earnings on Mypoints is to wait for a WalMart Email for 8 points per $. Mom is on the pricey Ensure 3x a day so it adds up fast. 800+ points 2x a month. It beats the reduction in the 5 points emails!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
I just joined MyPoints a few days ago and scratching my head as to why? Unless I buy something through their shopping portal (which, most other portals like Chase or Discover have much higher payouts) or play their "free" games that require depositing money, it seems next to impossible to even earn anything here. 6,100 points for 2,500 United Miles? How do I even make 30-50 pts per day here aside from searching or completing unwanted offers?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
The surveys could be lucrative if you qualify. I receive 3-5 survey each day. In fact, I receive more surveys than 5 point click through emails. LOL. The surveys can be tedious and often tale longer than they should. I agree, though, if you don't plan on doing much shopping through MyPoints then it will take you years to earn enough points to redeem for something worthwhile. I like using MyPoints for travel purchases: IHG, Hilton, Orbitz, Priceline, etc. They are not available through airline shopping portals. While Ebates can often give you more cash back for these purchases, I like redeeming for UA miles. The value of UA miles usually exceeds the cash that I would receive from Ebates. However, if you are planning to redeem for gift cards then MyPoints may not be the program for you.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by JamieDee78
I just joined MyPoints a few days ago and scratching my head as to why? Unless I buy something through their shopping portal (which, most other portals like Chase or Discover have much higher payouts) or play their "free" games that require depositing money, it seems next to impossible to even earn anything here. 6,100 points for 2,500 United Miles? How do I even make 30-50 pts per day here aside from searching or completing unwanted offers?
Welcome to MyPoints!

For those that have done it for "years", it's a time filling hobby .... over the years, I have earned and redeemed over 350K points but I agree it may not be the best use of time/energy (unless you have plenty of both).

If your time is very "valuable" to you then MyPoints probably isn't for you!
Old May 3, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Has the "Boost My Points" tab gone missing for anybody else? I cannot get the page to load for the life of me.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Okay, willing to see if I can make this site work. I originally signed up for the site through United offering 1,500 bonus miles.

-Signed up: 500 bonus Miles
-Completed profile (which gave me 60 pts): 250 miles
-And today just now: Spent greater than $25 (minus taxes and shipping) via MyPoints link to Joann Fabrics store for Mother's Day gifts within 30 days: 750 Miles
Total: 1,500 Miles

Signed up for account on 4/12. Now to wait and see if they actually credit my UnitedMileagePlus account....

@jgxtrav1: Thanks for the invite

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.