Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Free gift card for participating in Priceline & Hotwire Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Earn $10, $25, and even $100 gift cards from HotelDealsRevealed.com when you join and participate in their Hotwire & Priceline forum. Gift cards are for Starbucks, Best Western Hotels and Travelocity (eGift Card).

Full details available at HDR's Hotwire & Priceline forum.

HotelDealsRevealed.com is a Priceline and Hotwire 'helper' site where you can find out hotel names and prices from previous Priceline/Hotwire customers.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
great....thanks for sharing....
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Signed up! But a few things...

1. I was surprised to discover that the Travelocity hotel gift card is apparently limited in scope. In other words, it's not good on any hotel listed on the regular Travelocity site.

2. I couldn't figure out where to see how many points I have?

3. Since you don't 'redeem' your points and the max plateau listed is 1000 points, does that mean that there are no rewards after reaching 1000 points?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I couldn't figure out where to see how many points I have?
click on the icon to see the number of members....then look for your name....it will give you all the info regarding your profile....
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
If you have posted it will be to the right of your posts

Winning Bids Shared: 1
HDR Loyalty Points: 30
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, Marriott Gold
Frankly I would have hoped for a better earning structure. Currently you get 10 pts per purchase when you use their referral link, and 100 pts == $10 (as a gift card). So that's $1 / referral as a gift card.

How much does that site make? With enough volume priceline pays a 7% affiliate fee on hotels, so the rewards back to us is pretty meager.

And compare it to FatWallet cashback: there you actually get cash, not GCs, and they give you a full 3% back. So unless your TOTAL priceline spend is less than $33, you're better off with FWCB, and usually much better off.

So while I'll continue to look at betterbidding or this site for PL advice, they would really have to increase their rewards for me to use their affiliate link. Considering they are trying to build up a new forum for this from scratch, they should be giving us a lot more rewards in the building since they need to start the network effect
Old Jul 17, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by balderdash
Frankly I would have hoped for a better earning structure. Currently you get 10 pts per purchase when you use their referral link, and 100 pts == $10 (as a gift card). So that's $1 / referral as a gift card.

How much does that site make? With enough volume priceline pays a 7% affiliate fee on hotels, so the rewards back to us is pretty meager.

And compare it to FatWallet cashback: there you actually get cash, not GCs, and they give you a full 3% back. So unless your TOTAL priceline spend is less than $33, you're better off with FWCB, and usually much better off.
There is currently a $10 per night bonus from Priceline. Bypass their affiliate link completely:

Priceline $50 bonus cash, $10/night, Exp 07/27/2010
http://travela.priceline.com/budgettravel/

Secret Code: IMISSU

Get up to $50 towards your purchase.
- You must book before July 27, 2010 -
Valid on 3, 3.5, and 4-star hotels.
Valid for Name Your Own Price hotels
Save $10/room per night up to $50
You must stay at least two nights.

Good for travel through June 2011.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, Marriott Gold
Nice! Thanks for the link. If I'm going to spend my own money I'll go ahead and use that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.