Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

MyPoints Redemption for Macys GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 4:27 am
Original Poster

I am planning on gifting a Macys GC to a newly wedded friend. Redeeming MyPoints for Macy's GC is one of the better values on MyPoints right now. However, I wouldn't want him to know that I redeemed the points for the GC.

I am wondering if anyone has redeemed MyPoints for Macy's GC and if it arrives in an envelope which indicates if its a redemption.

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
most likely

While I haven't ordered the Macy's card, every other redemption I've made over the years has indicated it was a reward redemption from Mypoints. Do not have it shipped straight to your friend.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
No experience with Macy's cards from Mypoints here, but the Marriott cards I have received come with a letter that makes clear that it is a redemption of points.

But the card itself bore no indication that it was earned by redeeming points.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: United 1K|SPG Plat
There's a MyPoints logo and return address on the outside and letter on the inside. I don't think there is a way to select the item is a gift on the website.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys! Looks like MyPoints redemption is a no go. US Airways 250 promo is what I will have to use.

Thanks for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.