Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Free Seats Sale (NO tax)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair Free Seats Sale (NO tax)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:01 am

How does Ryanair do this? They actually pay all the taxes for you?

Because I dont think that ryanair makes like $80 of me just for baggage food and drinks! Probably they'll just make this 1 cent hehe
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by wireless033
How does Ryanair do this? They actually pay all the taxes for you?

Because I dont think that ryanair makes like $80 of me just for baggage food and drinks! Probably they'll just make this 1 cent hehe
It was really just a stunt to get in the news... and get people talking about them... in the hope of selling some more seats (at normal fares) as a result. A bit like paying for advertising.

From what I heard the whole thing backfired a bit... apparently lots of people booked these free flights with no intention of ever taking more than one or two of them; there was a story in the paper about some guy who booked something like 30 day returns to the same destination so as to keep his options open... he only actually intended to go once. Of course his 30 free seats were preventing Ryanair from selling these seats to other passengers at higher fares.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I booked 30 people on STN-DUB for a daytrip/Xmas party, with these tickets.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 7:36 am

Actually now that I actually step back and look at what I have done, I have booked 24 seperate trips for myself and others.

On 1 occasion I have booked myself, my SO, and 7 mates to Dublin, and another 30 of my work colleagues also to Dublin.

I have been a tad nasty to Ryanair as on a few occasions I booked 2 seats for myself ! On seperate PNR's !!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cris L
Actually now that I actually step back and look at what I have done, I have booked 24 seperate trips for myself and others.
You may want to go and check that these bookings are still intact...

Some friends of mine booked themselves on a daytrip to LBC for December to visit the Christmas market - departing STN at 6-something in the morning, returning the same evening.

Another friend was going to join them but found that the morning flight from STN to LBC was no longer showing any availability (it didn't say "flight full" - it just wasn't there).

Some of the other members of the group then went and checked their own reservations... only to find (wait for this!) that they had been rebooked onto the evening flight, giving them 25 minutes on the ground before returning to STN!

None of them have been notified about this change by Ryanair... and they all suspect that if they hadn't noticed this themselves they would probably have been kept in the dark until a week or so before departure.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 12:53 pm

I have received emails from FR advising me that the times have changed.

Departure time the same, but arrives 5 mins later !

I also received a link so that I could clike to agree the change or make alternative arrangements, all this for a 5 minute later arrival !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.