Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Free Seats Sale (NO tax)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair Free Seats Sale (NO tax)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: not a lot
Wouldn't surprise me if FR decide to cancel a lot of these flights as there won't be enough paying pax on them and refund you your 2p or whatever.

I will never set foot on this airline.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: BD *G, KLM Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LiviLion
Wouldn't surprise me if FR decide to cancel a lot of these flights as there won't be enough paying pax on them and refund you your 2p or whatever.

I will never set foot on this airline.
EU regulations are set to prevent cancellations on the day of travel due to low loadfactors. So if FR canx any of my flights without good warning (tech or otherwise) its hello mr compensation please.

Will you not fly this airline because you feel 'upper class' to everybody else?
Old May 30, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: not a lot
Originally Posted by bapilot2b
Not sure what you mean by that TBH. I just don't like their practices and the horror stories I have read about them.

I am a regular EasyJet traveller (going EDI-MAD on them soon) flying EDI-LTN and EDI-STN regularly.
Old May 31, 2007, 4:21 am

For 2p you cannot complain to be honest. Had a great daytrip to Dublin yesterday, flights all on time and even a visit to the flight deck for a brief chat to the captain.

The funny thing is people are more likely to say something about a bad experience than a good one, so I would say that FR have many many more good experiences than bad...keep your expectations low and you might get a surprise . I have heard horror stories about most of the major players in the scheduled airline world, BA, SQ and CX included, doesn’t mean I will never fly them at all or try them out.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 1:36 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
It all depends on expectations. With FR you cannot expect lounges, priority CKI, goodwill, fast lane, airports near to the city, good CS in case of problems, the "usual" compensations, ... However, in most of the cases you will have an ontime-flight from A to B for a good price.

For me personally, the location of the FR-airport is a knock-out-criterion. My two homes are next to the hubs of "better" low-cost-carriers such as germanwings and hlx (now tuifly), while it take me 3 hours and 30 Euro oneway to the next bigger FR-airport... Then adding the convinience of LH-lounge access, fast lane etc. even when flying germanwings and hlx makes me not flying ryanair!

However, I already did it once (before the times of germanwings and hlx and before I was used to *G and business class), it was cheap, the airport was ugly, the FA were rude, I arrived nearly ontime... all in all it was a very good value for a very low amount of money
Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
EU regulations are set to prevent cancellations on the day of travel due to low loadfactors. So if FR canx any of my flights without good warning (tech or otherwise) its hello mr compensation please.

Sorry for the pointed question but have you actually ever seen how FR cancels flights? Has anyone ever received any compensation from FR for canx?
Any cancellation on FR is a tech one. And they normally do not give any details. They just say it's a tech one and off you go.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 3:44 am

I still wary of trying Ryanair, but it seems their new promotion includes one of the destinations I'm heading to in August, so I might give them a shot. They work out slightly cheaper than some of the other LCCs with the discount and once you've checked a bag.

Nice to hear some positive stories about Ryanair on this thread.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:44 pm

...Will you not fly this airline because you feel 'upper class' to everybody else?
Not really. It is a trivial matter for them to find a "technical fault" with your plane.

But on other reasons why one might not want to fly RottenAir:
- the cost of getting to and from two obscure (and deliberately misnamed airports) will more than eat up any cost savings you thought you were making
- what sort of airline charges you a penalty for actually bringing bags with you when flying to another country? What next? A penatly fee for actually turning up for your flight? A fee for having two legs. Really...

Those guys make my skin crawl. I flew then once and that was it. No respect for customers, more like contempt. And they screw their own staff too.

Its just bad news all round. I cannot support this kind of business, no matter how "cheap" they claim it to be - and it isnt.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AGR
Originally Posted by osamede
Not really. It is a trivial matter for them to find a "technical fault" with your plane.

But on other reasons why one might not want to fly RottenAir:
- the cost of getting to and from two obscure (and deliberately misnamed airports) will more than eat up any cost savings you thought you were making
Depends on where you're going. Stansted is a lot closer to where I want to be (Cambridge) than any of the other London airports. MAD, EDI, DUB, SVQ, BHX, and MRS are as close to those cities as you're going to get. Obviously if one is flying Ryanair to reach a major city one should check the cost of ground transport to the city centre first, but frequently it still works out cheaper than EasyJet and other alternatives (especially with sales like this £0.01 one).
- what sort of airline charges you a penalty for actually bringing bags with you when flying to another country? What next? A penatly fee for actually turning up for your flight? A fee for having two legs. Really...
How much stuff do you have? I don't understand why people feel the need to bring half their possessions with them when going somewhere for a week. It's easy enough to fit four or five sets of clothes and a laptop or couple books in a large backpack, and I have never seen Ryanair's restrictions on the size of hand luggage enforced. If you do for some reason want air freight service bundled with your flight, €6 to ship a 15kg bag is hardly extortionate.
Those guys make my skin crawl. I flew then once and that was it. No respect for customers, more like contempt.
Money in my pocket is all the respect I ask. The purpose of an airline is not to interact with you, smile at you, and tell you to have a nice day; it's to transport you. I'm happy not to have to pay for the rest.

Last edited by lexande; Jun 7, 2007 at 4:32 pm
Old Jun 8, 2007, 2:24 am

Programs: bmi
This thread is fantastic

Who would have thought discussing penny fares would create such emotional extremes?

I suppose I'm not that bothered about it all, but then I haven't been at the rough end of Rottenair's messing around - the nearest was waiting for a return to Stansted from Treviso and seeing the poor buggers who's flight had not arrived for 2300 departure previous evening, with some poor nan with a bandaged bloody head. They'd all spent the night at the airport, but I believe the local policeman at the terminal took a few people in, personally to his house I believe. Really extraordinary.

As for myself, last week got 2X returns to Bremen for 0.04p. Great. Germany for lunch & beers.

ps What on earth did we do for information before chatboards?
Old Jun 10, 2007, 2:46 am

Ryan Air Greyhound in the Sky

No question that Ryan Air does have some excellent deals. However, you get what you pay for. The service is beyond bad. The only airline that actually loathes its own customers. Need customer service, go scrXX yourself. If there is a problem even their own, tuff luck They don’t want your complaint. Don’t like it, fly another airline. So, as long as you make no mistakes, you can get a deal. It makes Greyhound Bus service in the USA, seem like chauffer service. I live in Dublin, so I am basically forced to fly them sometimes, but I will always pay a bit more, to take any other airline. Ryan Air, is the poster child for bad service.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by maj09
As for myself, last week got 2X returns to Bremen for 0.04p. Great. Germany for lunch & beers.
Amen to that, got to Lubeck for the day this week, had some time to relax in the warm sun (25 degrees and clear compared to the UK's grey clouds and rain!) and have a few beers and a great meal.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I bought a good few of these 1p flights in the 2 recent sales

LONDON -
Aarhus
Berlin (1 friend)
Brussels (5 trips)
Dublin (2 Trips / 5 mates)
Milan
Marseille ( 2 trips / 8 friends)
Stockholm
Turin

But what I wondered is what if I miss the outbound flight...
I have made multiple reservations for some places, to give myself some options !

So what does ryanair do if you miss the outbound ?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Cris L
So what does ryanair do if you miss the outbound ?
They don't care! Even if you miss the outbound, you will still be able to use the inbound flight. No worries at all!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Cris L
I bought a good few of these 1p flights in the 2 recent sales
I just saw my Credit card statement !!! £0.38

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.