Wiki Posts
Search

Carry On question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta , Hilton
Carry On question

I have searched everywhere for a carry-on that will adhere to the 20cm….all I can find is 23cm? Any recommendations? Appreciate it
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:35 am

Samsonite base boost spinner
Old Apr 7, 2024, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Rimowa Cabin S
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:52 pm

At $1375 for a Rimowa Cabin S, its hard to fathom the break even point compared to paying extra to bring on or check my Walmart special.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by xooz
At $1375 for a Rimowa Cabin S, its hard to fathom the break even point compared to paying extra to bring on or check my Walmart special.
They do come cheaper than that, and really don't look at the US prices. But if you go for the Dior collaboration version they do also come more expensive than that. They are a great piece of hardware though.
xooz likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, Marriott Silver
Ignore the 20cm part of the Ryanair cabin allowance. The Ryanair sizer is open at the front so unless you have a bag that is over around 23cm it will be fine. The height and width of the bag are important though as these parts of the sizer are fixed there is maybe 1cm leeway on the height.

I have a the Away Carry On case which lists the dimensions as 55.1 cm x 36.7 cm x 22.9 cm. It fits like a glove in the Ryanair sizer. Note that the Away Bigger Carry On will not fit due to the height. The Away Everywhere bag also fits perfectly in the personal item sizer. I've also travelled with the Aluminium Tumi 19 Degrees Continental Carry-On 56 cm and I've tested it in the Ryanair sizer out of curiosity and it does fit although it's quite heavy so may not comply with the 10kg rule if they actually bother weighing hand luggage (in my limited amount of flying on Ryanair I've never seen them weigh hand luggage).
chica likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta , Hilton
Peter9…many thanks for the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.