Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

FR insurance applicability - one of pwo pax ill

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum

I hold a FR booking for two pax, was looking into insurance conditions, namely what happens to the second pax if one pax becomes ill? The cancellation insurance is definitely applicable to the ticket of the first (ill) passenger, but what about the second pax? Can he also cancel his ticket (and have it reimbursed under the insurance conditions) on the grounds that the other pax is ill? Or does he have to "fall sick" as well?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It’s impossible to say without reading the policy word f. Are you able to post the policy wording?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NightFly
The cancellation insurance is definitely applicable to the ticket of the first (ill) passenger, but what about the second pax? Can he also cancel his ticket (and have it reimbursed under the insurance conditions) on the grounds that the other pax is ill??
What does the policy say?

It's kind of strange to post a question online about a document in your possession. There is no single provider of insurance via Ryanair, so depending on your country of residence and which insurer actually supplies the insurance, only you can see the details of your policy - certainly nobody reading this thread will know.
craigthemif likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.