Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair's E40 boarding pass reprinting fee ruled illegal in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ryanair's E40 boarding pass reprinting fee ruled illegal in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I agree. I was disagreeing with marble's point.
I know. I just wanted to give further arguments.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
What about checking in?
It's avoidable (not optional) by booking a fare with free online checkin. The point is, when they advertise a £10 fare you can buy that fare for £10. The total you need to pay is shown as soon as you select your flights ... everything after that is optional and avoidable (unlike the old days where you'd hit next->next->next->next and end up paying £100 rather than £10).

It may be sneaky, but I think it adheres to the EU rule and is legal (my legal training being that I've watched a few episodes of Kavanagh Q.C. ).
Old Jan 27, 2011, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by marble
It's avoidable (not optional) by booking a fare with free online checkin. The point is, when they advertise a £10 fare you can buy that fare for £10. The total you need to pay is shown as soon as you select your flights ... everything after that is optional and avoidable (unlike the old days where you'd hit next->next->next->next and end up paying £100 rather than £10).

It may be sneaky, but I think it adheres to the EU rule and is legal (my legal training being that I've watched a few episodes of Kavanagh Q.C. ).
Do they offer free OLCI as an option on all flights?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:03 pm

I would guess the main issue is that other fees are avoidable by not doing something -- no baggage fee if you have no baggage. However, in this case you can't buy a ticket and just show up at the airport without paying anything additional -- you have to pay €40.

In order to not be charged, you're required to do something else (print your own boarding pass).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.