Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendations for St. Petersburg, Russia.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel recommendations for St. Petersburg, Russia.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a 6am departure from LED.

Any recommendations for a hotel close to the airport ?

Or is it better to stay downtown and book a cab to the airport from the hotel?

Any advice appreciated
Old Nov 8, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by airbus320

Any advice appreciated
At 4 am it will take you well under 30 minutes from anywhere in St. Pete. I don't think there are any airport hotels there, so you will have to book a cab anyway. Booking a hotel nearest to the airport will only save you 10-15 minutes.
Should you still want to book as close to the airport as possible, I think Park Inn Pulokovskaya would be the nearest.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, HH.
Originally Posted by airbus320

Any advice appreciated
Stay up and enjoy downtown St Pete, if you have not yet done that. Get a cab at 3 am to the airport. Dress warmly.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:23 pm

I like the Radisson Blu chain when staying at this part of the world. There are two in SPB, one on Nevsky Prospect and another one, a few blocks north, very near the US Consulate.

I would easily return to both. Though I have a soft spot for the one near the US Embassy, cheaper, rooms small though. It's based on "Crime and Punishment", required reading if you are visiting this city, and very well designed. The one on Nevsky prospect is convenient for getting around.

Both very well run to international standards. If you are with someone special, and desire more extravagent accomodations the Hotel Europa? (is super luxe, Russian style), also centrallly located

I don't recommend staying near the airport if you have an early departure. There is nothing do to near the airport, the airport itself (Pulkovo 1or 2 is a soviet relic) . If you don't have a lot of luggage, the metro + minibus is very quick (may require some russian). A cab from the airport easily takes 1 hour + during rush hour. Gas is cheap here, so it seems that everyone wants to drive a Hummer.

Traffic = Bad

Last edited by meFIRST; Feb 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Any opinions on the Marriott and Radisson/Park Inn properties in the city? I think there are two Marriotts, two Radissons and three PIs.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
Originally Posted by JumboD
Any opinions on the Marriott and Radisson/Park Inn properties in the city? I think there are two Marriotts, two Radissons and three PIs.
Also, what about Novotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.