Search

Golden Ring

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Golden Ring

I have a few days in betwen WC matches, and was thinking about going to the Golden Ring. Any suggestions for 3 nights/ 2 days out starting in Moscow doing it via public transport as I can't seem to find small group tours.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Accor Gold BW Diamond
small group tours
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:41 am
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I have a few days in betwen WC matches, and was thinking about going to the Golden Ring. Any suggestions for 3 nights/ 2 days out starting in Moscow doing it via public transport as I can't seem to find small group tours.
I would actually stay in Moscow, because it is a large city with a lot to offer. Unless you are into medieval Russian architecture, the Golden Ring towns are only worth visiting if you want to tell afterwards that you visited them.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by a7m
I would actually stay in Moscow, because it is a large city with a lot to offer. Unless you are into medieval Russian architecture, the Golden Ring towns are only worth visiting if you want to tell afterwards that you visited them.
I do enjoy medieval architecture, and already have been to Moscow. Thought it would be something interesting and different.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:21 pm
a7m

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I do enjoy medieval architecture, and already have been to Moscow. Thought it would be something interesting and different.
Vladimir can be good in this case. A short train ride. Yaroslavl is another option, but it is 3.5 hours away on train, which can be crowded because it has the current tournament venue. If you go to Yaroslavl, make sure to take the train that takes 3.5, not 5 hours. Sergiev Posad, another option, is closer to Moscow geographically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.