Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Providing info for visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Providing info for visa

So I am in the process of filling out the online bit of the visa application and wow, is it ever something!

For the countries visited in the last 10 years I am looking at a list of about 40 countries. A bit of a nightmare, but I'm sure there are others here who have it worse! I am wondering what the general consensus is for multiple entries? Ie, as a Canadian I transit the US frequently, I should just use the date of the most recent entry, correct?

Also, for post secondary education, just the school at which I obtained my degree? Or do I need to include previous universities where I ended up dropping out of the program?

As this is a 'humanitarian' or volunteer visa, does anyone know if I will need to go through this all over again for a subsequent tourist visa? Any chance the info will be "stored" for a period of time?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
I feel your pain, but you are getting off lightly.

See B747-437Bs issues in getting a British visa in this post.

Well worth a read.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

That sounds beyond horrible. I had no doubt someone would put me in my place for whining over my relatively easy predicament! Thankfully I am aware how easy it is for me 99% of the time, but I had no idea how much worse it could be!
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
For the countries visited in the last 10 years I am looking at a list of about 40 countries. A bit of a nightmare, but I'm sure there are others here who have it worse! I am wondering what the general consensus is for multiple entries? Ie, as a Canadian I transit the US frequently, I should just use the date of the most recent entry, correct?
On my first try I ran out of space so I just went from today backwards and filled out the most recent entry for each country visited.

As this is a 'humanitarian' or volunteer visa, does anyone know if I will need to go through this all over again for a subsequent tourist visa? Any chance the info will be "stored" for a period of time?
they won't store it. You'll have to do it all over again, I believe.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 8:50 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I am in the process of completing the application for a Russian visa and am wondering how I should treat entires to the Schengen zone. Only the country that I entered is stamped in the passport. Does it make sense to just list that country or do I need to actually list the countries in which I stayed/visited.

Example: this past week I visited Finland. But I entered and exited Schengen in Amsterdam. the NL stamp is the only one on my passport. Should I just enter The Netherlands as the country visited?

Many thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:21 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
My experience has been that one runs out of space long before even getting to this question. That said, I also have very little Schengen to Schengen travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.