Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

How comfy is an all night, no visa transit at DME?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat

I have a very, very cost conscious client that wants to endure a 14 hour layover at DME vs. getting a visa and hotel for a night. I'm up on SVO but know nearly nothing about DME. How comfy would airside/int'l be from 8 p.m. to 10 a.m. the next morning?

Are there rentable pods for sleeping? Last I was there I remember they had rentable DVD viewing rooms/cubicles with nice, big couches. Is there a transit hotel with no visa necessary?

Just curious what the options are.

Thanks to all!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC Bronze, S7 Приоритет, TrueBlue
I don't know all the options, because I usually use the Lufthansa Lounge which is reasonable and has showers. It is open 24 hours. Ms. ParisMoskau used it once for an overnight stay that was too short to use a hotel in town, and found it bearable; it was almost empty overnight and she could move a couple of chairs together.

If your client can access the lounge that may work. I don't think there is a transfer hotel. Without lounge access I don't think it's fun.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ParisMoskau
I don't know all the options, because I usually use the Lufthansa Lounge which is reasonable and has showers. It is open 24 hours. Ms. ParisMoskau used it once for an overnight stay that was too short to use a hotel in town, and found it bearable; it was almost empty overnight and she could move a couple of chairs together.

If your client can access the lounge that may work. I don't think there is a transfer hotel. Without lounge access I don't think it's fun.
Thanks. He has no access to the LH lounge but a high, high pain threshold. I'll give him the choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.