Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Russia
Reload this Page >

Have Russian Multi Entry Visa - Can I go to Belarus ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hello,

I have multiple entry visa for Russia..Am an Indian citizen and wanted to know whether we can travel to Minsk with the Russian visa or is a separate visa required ??

Thanks
Abhi
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Belarus - separate country, different visa.

(Technically you could possibly get in by road or local train at some quiet border areas where they don't check id so rigorously, but once you tried to register at a hotel or if you had any interaction with the authorities and they asked to see you passport, it would instantly be clear you were in the country illegally).
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcmatt
Belarus - separate country, different visa.

(Technically you could possibly get in by road or local train at some quiet border areas where they don't check id so rigorously, but once you tried to register at a hotel or if you had any interaction with the authorities and they asked to see you passport, it would instantly be clear you were in the country illegally).
hmmm.. in the airport in DME, the customs doc has something written about entering Russian federation and Belarus.. and hence was wondering..
Was also seeing some online news on belarus and russia joint entry visa rules but maybe its only in the planning phase..

Ofcourse, I would not dare to enter those countries or for that matter any country illegally since its way too dangerous ..

Thanks for the reply ..
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:43 pm

according to timatic, you can obtain a visa on arrival at minsk-2 airport.

as far as i know even with a russian visa you still need one for belarus. for the latest information just check with the website of their embassy in your country or maybe their embassy in russia.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrbreeze
according to timatic, you can obtain a visa on arrival at minsk-2 airport.

as far as i know even with a russian visa you still need one for belarus. for the latest information just check with the website of their embassy in your country or maybe their embassy in russia.
thanks.. had checked for visa on arrival..
Its only available for those countries where belarus does not have an embassy / consulate..As they have an embassy in India, VoA is not possible for Indian residents..
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:20 am

I also think that you cannot get a VoA upon domestic arrival (MOW to MSQ is domestic).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.