Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to spend Aeroflot Bonus miles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:51 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by miklcct
I have received the reply from the customer service. As I didn't take a flight in the last 2 years, my miles are subject to expire in 2024 (the 2-year rule), and the flight taken in 2024 doesn't count.

My PKX - LHR flight still hasn't appeared in my account yet. I am chasing the customer service for that, and asking if a redemption on LHR-CAN is still possible.

Here is the latest reply from the customer service:

Thank you for the request. We apologize for the delay with the answer. We inform you that it is impossible to issue a ticket using miles for flights of partner companies from the Sky team alliance.
Sorry but the above reply means that my air miles have become valueless. Redemption on China - Russia flights is still possible but there isn't any onward travel opportunities into the EU.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by miklcct
Here is the latest reply from the customer service:

Sorry but the above reply means that my air miles have become valueless. Redemption on China - Russia flights is still possible but there isn't any onward travel opportunities into the EU.
The closest you can get to EU is to fly domestic to Kaliningrad and cross the land border to Poland or Lithuania. But quite troublesome routes to be able use miles. The second closest would be Moscow Istanbul. Also not exactly the most practical approach.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The closest you can get to EU is to fly domestic to Kaliningrad and cross the land border to Poland or Lithuania. But quite troublesome routes to be able use miles. The second closest would be Moscow Istanbul. Also not exactly the most practical approach.
Do you know when these flights will be open for booking if I want to travel in Jan 2025? The route I am interested in is Kaliningrad - Guangzhou which requires 40000 miles (flying to Hong Kong requires 70000 miles). Also, how's the situation of Nida border crossing? Is it possible to cross at Vistura Spit as well? (I'm interested to visit Baltisk, and if it is possible it will be a good route from Gdansk)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.