Wiki Posts
Search

How to spend Aeroflot Bonus miles?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
How to spend Aeroflot Bonus miles?

Any tips on how we can spend our Aeroflot Bonus Miles?
Flying ourselves is not an option as neither Aeroflot nor any related airlines at our home airports offer any flights.
We have friends in Aeroflot friendly countries.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by hessbo
Flying ourselves is not an option as neither Aeroflot nor any related airlines at our home airports offer any flights.
I wonder what will happen to my miles. I don't have a lot but it was hard earned.In the old days, enough for a JFK-SVO ticket in business class plus a bit more.

The busy route now in Moscow - Dubai. Paying for the taxes is tricky, but some how I have seen a Sberbank portal that takes Visa. The problem is, you don't want to have your credit card shiut down. I would imagine certain US banks would do that.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by hessbo
Originally Posted by OpenSky
I wonder what will happen to my miles. I don't have a lot but it was hard earned.In the old days, enough for a JFK-SVO ticket in business class plus a bit more.

The busy route now in Moscow - Dubai. Paying for the taxes is tricky, but some how I have seen a Sberbank portal that takes Visa. The problem is, you don't want to have your credit card shiut down. I would imagine certain US banks would do that.
My wife has recently booked an OMS-SVO on Aeroflot for her mum using her British HSBC card. The lady will then continue on EK DXB-LHR. Nota bene: Her Partner AMEX Platinum rejected the payment.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
The problem is, you don't want to have your credit card shiut down. I would imagine certain US banks would do that.
Unless law or new T&C prohibit you to do so , bank can only block or reject transaction and/or do some KYC
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Unless law or new T&C prohibit you to do so , bank can only block or reject transaction and/or do some KYC
I would prefer not to have to do any KYC esp with a British or American Bank or Card issuer.. Why take the risk over a silly plane ticket.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Exclamation

I would prefer not to have to do any KYC esp with a British or American Bank or Card issuer.. Why take the risk over a silly plane ticket.
which is the reason why, unless someone is a US citizen/resident , i sometimes recommend two things to frequent travellers and nomads if possible
  1. have bank account(s) in at least 1 non-aligned country or other jurisdiction with different laws
  2. get a card not issued by one member of the triade cartel (mastercard, visa or amex) , now best shot seems to be unionpay
Such strategy can become very useful in moments like this
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 20, 2022 at 3:14 am
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:52 pm

I also have some miles left. Actually did not think about it as SU stole leased planes, so I thought my miles are gone anyways.

Anywhere to redeem outside of Russia?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 5:42 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by estrela
I also have some miles left. Actually did not think about it as SU stole leased planes, so I thought my miles are gone anyways.

Anywhere to redeem outside of Russia?
China Southern, the world's thrid largest airline by fleet size.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:31 am

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by rt23456p
China Southern, the world's thrid largest airline by fleet size.
Can you suggest how can I get back to Hong Kong using it? My miles are expiring by the end of this year!
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:15 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by miklcct
Can you suggest how can I get back to Hong Kong using it? My miles are expiring by the end of this year!
Find a flight with award availability, CZ use X Class for Y, O Class for J awards and maybe try phoning an aeroflot rep or through mail?

PS: It might be difficult to redeem directly to HKG, you could fly to SZX/CAN and then take the bullet train into downtown HK.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by PES_B1
Find a flight with award availability, CZ use X Class for Y, O Class for J awards and maybe try phoning an aeroflot rep or through mail?

PS: It might be difficult to redeem directly to HKG, you could fly to SZX/CAN and then take the bullet train into downtown HK.
Is it possible to redeem a CZ flight online or do I need to call them to redeem?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:37 pm
formerly rt23456p

Is it possible to redeem a CZ flight online or do I need to call them to redeem?
Guess you can't redeem them anymore.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by PES_B1
Guess you can't redeem them anymore.
Doesn't CZ remain a partner of SU?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:16 am
formerly rt23456p

Doesn't CZ remain a partner of SU?
In accumulating not in redeeming though.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:47 am

I have received the reply from the customer service. As I didn't take a flight in the last 2 years, my miles are subject to expire in 2024 (the 2-year rule), and the flight taken in 2024 doesn't count.

My PKX - LHR flight still hasn't appeared in my account yet. I am chasing the customer service for that, and asking if a redemption on LHR-CAN is still possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.