Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on Pobeda Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Thoughts on Pobeda Airlines

Has anybody flown Pobeda Airlines? We're planning on visiting my in-laws in Volgograd in June and they seem to have the most flights from Moscow/SVO. I've never heard of them, but have done a little research to know they are a subsidiary of Aeroflot. What are they like? How did things go on your flights? What should we expect if we book with them?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:43 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Just like any other crappy low end LCC like Ryanair, Spirit, Frontier, etc.

You get what you pay for. If your flight gets cancelled you do not get rebooked. You need to buy another ticket and apply for a flight credit/refund online. They charge a fee to phone them on a special number.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by crashvt2003
Has anybody flown Pobeda Airlines? We're planning on visiting my in-laws in Volgograd in June and they seem to have the most flights from Moscow/SVO. I've never heard of them, but have done a little research to know they are a subsidiary of Aeroflot. What are they like? How did things go on your flights? What should we expect if we book with them?
I would add to upper answer that you should check cabin baggage sizes, they are something special. No limits for weight but repeat - the size...
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Zharas90
I would add to upper answer that you should check cabin baggage sizes, they are something special. No limits for weight but repeat - the size...
I had to Google, and Moscow Times had an interesting piece on Podeba and carry on....

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/...e-rules-a64531
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Interesting video from a Pobeda airlines captain:

Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by salut0
Interesting video from a Pobeda airlines captain:
And then there's this:

Russian commercial pilot announces after flight lands that 'the war in Ukraine is a crime, we must stop it immediately' - to rapturous applause from passengers

• The pilot, who has not yet been named, was flying for Russian airline Pobeda
  • After landing the flight in Antalya, Turkey, he gave a passionate anti-war speech
  • The defiant message condemning the invasion of Ukraine quickly went viral
  • But the pilot likely faces severe repercussions should he return to Russia
  • More than 2.8 million have fled Ukraine since Russia invaded in late February
This is the moment a Russian airline pilot announces over the loudspeaker that the war in Ukraine is 'a crime' to a plane full of passengers on a flight to Turkey. The pilot, who has not yet been named, was flying for airline Pobeda, a subsidiary of Russian airline Aeroflot which recently suspended all its flights to the EU and the UK after the European bloc placed a blanket ban on Russian-owned aircraft entering its airspace. After making his landing in Antalya, Turkey, the captain left the cockpit and made his way into the passenger cabin, where he assumed control of the loudspeaker and gave a very clear message:

Dear customers, this is your captain speaking. Just speaking on behalf of myself and not as a representative of the airline - I think the war in Ukraine is a crime. We should not continue this war, we must stop it immediately. Don't take this bull***t. Thank you for your attention.
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/previ...2705286321.mp4
sueco6 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.