SU question

Old Nov 12, 17, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
SU question

Haven't found any recent posts so I hope I can get some updated info.

1. Seeing low fares in paid C from NRT to FRA at half price of competition. Equipment A330, two hour connection at SVO then A321 to FRA, Can we expect decent seat and service? Or should we pass and go with the non Russian competition?

2. There are not many options to credit the miles. If the service is decent we might consider make this a twice a year run, then a decent amount of miles could be accumulated. DL would be out, we never fly them.
Old Nov 12, 17, 11:49 am

I don't know who are the competitors you are talking about, but for half the price it's a no brainer, and you can credit to any Skyteam airlines.
Old Nov 12, 17, 5:07 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold
Originally Posted by Exleftseat View Post
1. Seeing low fares in paid C from NRT to FRA at half price of competition. Equipment A330, two hour connection at SVO then A321 to FRA, Can we expect decent seat and service? Or should we pass and go with the non Russian competition?
Seat: A330 is angled and super comfortable for a day time flight. Avoid on red-eyes. A321 is a regional business class seat (similar to US style, not EU style).
Service: great on the plane, non-existent at SVO.
Old Nov 13, 17, 12:12 pm

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
Half price is really not a brainer. SU uses 330-300 on flights to Tokyo. These are showing normally 5 rows in J which means nearly flat seat. Hower, a day before departure you have a chance to see 5 rows swapped to 6 rows and 6 rows are older non-flat seats (same cabin more rows).
I cant advise though how likely this swap is for Tokyo route.
On the in-flight service it is really good, i would recommend to give it a try.
Old Nov 13, 17, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, UA 1K 1MM, IC PLAT AMB, HH Diamond, AVIS Pres, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks all. I pulled the trigger and purchased tickets to FRA. Fare is half what LO and OZ wanted and 25% of LH, NH and even less than JAL. They used to fly the triple 7 from NRT before, but have downgraded last year. I appreciate your helpful posts.

Search this Thread