Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is Refund Possible for Aeroflot Ticket bought today for travel tomorrow?

Old Nov 14, 17, 11:31 am
Original Poster

In order to cancel/get refund on Aeroflot ticket, must it have been purchased at least one week in advance of flight date?
My daughter needed a flight in a hurry from Berlin to New York, so she bought one this morning to fly tomorrow. She has a connection in Moscow so it will be a long journey. I didn't have time to help her look. Now that I'm looking I see I can get her a much shorter flight, maybe even non-stop, using miles.
Is she just out of luck on this?
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:14 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Hi, it's very difficult to answer your question without knowing the type of ticket your daughter purchased. PROMO and SAVER tickets in Y are not eligible for refund while a free apply for CLASSIC tickets in Y and W and J. You should be able to get a refund on Flex tickets in Y, W and J. If your daughter's ticket is in the latter category, you should be able to cancel the ticket without any problem as long as it is done before the scheduled departure time. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 14, 17, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Hmmm, well it's the cheapest fare and nonrefundable. I was just hoping it could be refunded under the within 24 hours of purchase rule. But it seems not since the flight was not a week away.

Search this Thread