Community
Wiki Posts
Search

end of Uber Eats "deliver by" guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
end of Uber Eats "deliver by" guarantee

I received an email that starting on 5 Feb, there will no longer be compensation if Uber Eats orders don't arrive within the "latest arrival by" time. I think I've encountered this situation only once, but it's still sad to see the guarantee go. For those not familiar, this "latest arrival by" time is usually ridiculously far out, so something needs to go really wrong to miss the time.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
So, what was the guarantee? You got your stale food for free or discounted? I recall a particular trip to Shake Shack, saw the shelving for the various pick-up services with bags ready for pickup, ordered, received my food, ate, and then on the way out, saw some of the same bags still sitting there. Yum!
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
So, what was the guarantee? You got your stale food for free or discounted?
You got $5 in Uber cash. So it wasn't even a great "guarantee".
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
You know what's odd? My brother got the same email, but I didn't. And when tapping the "will arrive by" time, it still tells me that I'd receive $5 in Uber cash if it arrives late. To be fair, I order about three times a week (they keep giving me the 40% off promos) and my orders have been late only about twice since I've had Uber One (a few years now)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.