Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

Account Suspended - Not Legit, No Reason Given, No Help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood

I don't use Uber often. The last time I used it was back in March while in CO skiing. My user rating is 4.5 stars and I generally tip. The last time I recall logging in was some time after March when I updated my card on file to be an AMEX w/ Uber credits.

Last month I attempted to log in for a ride in Boston and was shown a message saying "Account locked. We are unable to log you in at this time. Please reach out to support for further assistance." My options are Start Over and Contact Support. If I click on Start Over, I am just taken back to the login page. Contact Support takes me to a form that I can fill out to get (hypothetically) some help. I've done this, multiple times and also contacted support via X.

When I contact them, I get a fairly prompt response letting me know:
- My account has been suspended.
- for activity that violates their Terms and Conditions.
- That they had detected an 'error' when processing some of my requests.
- that they won't be reactivating my account, and
- they know that's not the answer I wanted.

I've not violated any of their Terms & Conditions or Terms of Service. I've not cancelled any rides, I've not shared my login w/ anyone, I've never been rude...I rarely even talk during a ride.

I have asked at least a dozen times for more specifics; I never get anything. I've asked at least a dozen times how I can escalate; I've never got anywhere.

The only thing I can think of is that I had a fradulent charge go through on ANOTHER credit card for Uber eats that I disputed with Chase. That card was closed and reissued. It seems unlikely that this is the cause since that card wasn't hooked to my Uber account and I never got a receipt or email from Uber for this fradulent charge. I have explained this to both their online and X support as well, and they don't even acknowledge it.

Normally, I wouldn't really care; I'd just use Lyft.

However, I'm headed to Europe in a few weeks (Prague, Vienna) and want to be able to get access to larger vehicles for my family and I. Lyft doesn't operate where I'm going to be so Uber seems like my only option or I roll the dice with the taxi lines.

Does anyone have any thoughts for how I can get this resolved or escalated? I'd certainly like to get the benefit of the AMEX credits, but I'm more concerned / bothered that they've blacklisted me out of some confusion or at the very least some reason that completely baffles me.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:28 am
Community Director Emerita

As a stopgap measure, can your partner register for an account? And you can then log onto that account from your phone.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
As a stopgap measure, can your partner register for an account? And you can then log onto that account from your phone.
I think I'll do that at least for this trip we have coming up. I'm so baffled (and frustrated) by this.

Though having my wife sign up appears to freeze me out of getting the AMEX benefit. "The first Uber account to have the Basic Card’s details added will receive $15 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides exclusively within the U.S. (plus a $20 bonus in December) each month."
Old Nov 7, 2023, 12:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dingo
Though having my wife sign up appears to freeze me out of getting the AMEX benefit. "The first Uber account to have the Basic Card’s details added will receive $15 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides exclusively within the U.S. (plus a $20 bonus in December) each month."
That's painful. Inability to use the AMEX benefit makes the card much less useful. I wish I had something helpful to offer, but I don't.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I think I'll do that at least for this trip we have coming up. I'm so baffled (and frustrated) by this.

Since March have you been using your Uber credits with Uber Eats or just not using the Amex Uber benefit?

Uber usually doesn't disclose much other than "violated their Terms and Conditions". A chargeback is one of those major things that they just don't like. Other violations could include things like using the same credit card on more than one Uber account, accessing more than one Uber account from the same device, allowing others access to your Uber account to take advantage of benefits.

Have you tried Twitter? Sometimes social media people can be somewhat more responsive especially if you haven't done anything they see as cheating.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

So the credit won't do you any good for your Europe trip anyway ... I'd still get the 2nd account to be able to ride while away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.