Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Blade @ EWR -- Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2023, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Uber Blade @ EWR -- Experiences?

Couldn't find a better place for this -- but MODS feel free to relocate. I have been getting a bunch of promotional offers from Uber to take Blade to EWR -- and it's cheaper than taking the normal service so I thought I would try it out. I could find posts on FT for JFK but none for EWR...

Looking for experiences with / without checked bags -- and where do they drop you off / pick you up? I would have posted in the NYC forum but it doesn't get nearly the traffic of this forum. TIA!
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
The company page here has some of the info you are looking for, especially in the FAQ section: https://www.blade.com/airport
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:50 pm

I’ve used a handful of times from JFK. Its practicality wanes the farther your destination is from the heliports.

If traveling with a rollerbag and a brief case, it’s no problem. There isn’t much capacity for more than that.

I call as I am walking off the plane, they will tell you the meet spot and the plate number. Transfer to their facility is via Escalade. They take your bag at check in and you don’t see them until you land at the Heliport in Manhattan. It generally about and hour from leaving the plane to arriving at the my hotel in Hudson Yards. EWR should be similar.

I book directly with them.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I am interested in this service, but I don't see how this is viable with a combined weight limit of 25 pounds for your carryon and personal item.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:34 am

In the NYC forum some folks have shared experiences on the JFK service, which should be pretty much the same:

Airport Blade Manhattan -> JFK
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.