Uber/Lyft & Tolls

Old Jan 14, 20, 11:41 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)
Original Poster

Uber/Lyft & Tolls

Nothing came up in search and I am wondering if anyone had experience with this and can answer my question.

I am considering booking a ride on Lyft/Uber to go about 100 miles on I-87 in NY. From what I gather on respective websites, it appears that the toll is included in the upfront price quoted in the app, including tolls for the driver to get back. Fair enough. But there is also a statement that other charges will be added to the final tally after the trip ends.

Hay anyone used the service to go through bridges and tolls and is the upfront pricing what was charged?
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
In my experience, when I've been quoted an upfront price by Uber, that's what I've been charged (unless I changed the destination), whether the trip incurred tolls or not.
Old Jan 15, 20, 8:59 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
In my experience, when I've been quoted an upfront price by Uber, that's what I've been charged (unless I changed the destination), whether the trip incurred tolls or not.
Thank you. That's a relief. I don't mind paying what's needed, but it makes me very easy not knowing what I will pay.
Old Jan 18, 20, 1:03 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I tried to research this a few weeks ago briefly and I also found conflicting info.

Uber showed a routing through the tollway that I never take when I drive. The no toll route is more direct but probably takes a few minutes longer as there are a bunch of traffic lights even though it's mostly a 3 Lane in each direction divided highway with some sections having two lanes each direction

I ended up not requesting driver to reroute as I read it might alter my fare if she took a different route than shown on the app.

I found the fare was a quoted and didn't add additional tolls to the quoted price. Driver paid cash out if her pocket for tolls.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: