Wiki Posts
Search

Uber from Madrid IAP to city center

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP; UA Gold; DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Uber from Madrid IAP to city center

Back from a weekend in Madrid and had two very smooth rides to/from the Madrid IAP Terminal 4 to the Westin Palace Hotel.
The Uber app explains where to meet your Uber, but here's some additional details.
We used the UberX option.
To city: Hyundai i40 - 30Euro
From city: Peugeot 408 38Euro

1. Exit the Terminal 4 Baggage Claim area.
2. Look for the Rental Car sign. It's the picture of a car with a key on top of it. From where we exited, it was to the left of the baggage claim exit.
3. The Rental Car booths are below the level you exit at baggage claim. We went down a moving ramp to the Rental Car Booths.
4. At this lower level, you see booth for Avis, Hertz, etc.
5. Make your way past these booths to the glass doors on the right, just past the booths. (There will be a set of elevators right across the glass doors you want).
6. Exit the glass doors and walk across the bridge. You'll be walking about the train tracks toward the large parking garage.
7. At the end of the bridge, stop. In front of you will be the parking garage, and to the left will be a couple of security booths blocking off the smaller parking lot immediately front of you.
8. Walk toward those security booths, and you'll see a ramp for cars to come down toward the security booth (as if they will enter that secure area).
9. When we arrived, there were motorcycles and black towncars parked in this area.
10. Our Uber came down the ramp, and rather than go through the security gate, he just stopped and did a three-point turn to get back to us.
11. Load up your Uber. The driver will take the road that goes around the parking structure (not back up the ramp) to get out of parking and finally to the highway.

The process was quite smooth, once we figured out that we needed to go to the other side of the security booths once we crossed the bridge.
I don't know how Terminal 1,2,3 building works for Uber pickup.
We were on a LATAM international flight coming from Frankfurt into Terminal 4S and exited Terminal 4.

Drop off was right at the Departures.

These were my only Ubers in Madrid. I did see the app showed a few milling about the center of town.

Happy Travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.