Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to contact Uber to discuss a series of mishaps?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
How to contact Uber to discuss a series of mishaps?

I've used Uber in over 20 countries and have been very happy with them. Then last October I used them for a ride in Miami from downtown hotel to airport. The ride was $56.60. But as my Uber car arrived my app showed that driver had cancelled and another will arrive 20 minutes later. So the driver who arrived tried to correct - it was annoying for him too. He then did something on my phone Uber app too. After I arrived at the airport I noticed I had been billed for $56.60 plus $56 tip plus another $150. Three charges.

I contacted Uber on their app and they just wrote back that these were charges for trips I had taken. I replied back that I took one single trip. They wrote back with same reply. This happened three times.

I then queried with my credit card company. According to my credit card statements those sums were already paid out to Uber, and since then I've claimed them from my employer anyway.

Now a few months later I tried to use Uber in Pakistan last week. My request was denied as the app said I owe them $56. So I used their competitor, Careem, for the rest of my trip. But on returning to London I notice my corporate credit card (which is not the one I used in Miami or tried to use in Pakistan, but is registered with Uber) has been charged £160 for the day I tried to use Uber. I have queried this charge with my corporate credit card provider.

So how can I contact Uber to explain all of this? I cannot find a telephone number, email or mailing address for them.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jahason
I've used Uber in over 20 countries and have been very happy with them. Then last October I used them for a ride in Miami from downtown hotel to airport. The ride was $56.60. But as my Uber car arrived my app showed that driver had cancelled and another will arrive 20 minutes later. So the driver who arrived tried to correct - it was annoying for him too. He then did something on my phone Uber app too. After I arrived at the airport I noticed I had been billed for $56.60 plus $56 tip plus another $150. Three charges.

I contacted Uber on their app and they just wrote back that these were charges for trips I had taken. I replied back that I took one single trip. They wrote back with same reply. This happened three times.

I then queried with my credit card company. According to my credit card statements those sums were already paid out to Uber, and since then I've claimed them from my employer anyway.

Now a few months later I tried to use Uber in Pakistan last week. My request was denied as the app said I owe them $56. So I used their competitor, Careem, for the rest of my trip. But on returning to London I notice my corporate credit card (which is not the one I used in Miami or tried to use in Pakistan, but is registered with Uber) has been charged £160 for the day I tried to use Uber. I have queried this charge with my corporate credit card provider.

So how can I contact Uber to explain all of this? I cannot find a telephone number, email or mailing address for them.
Unfortunately I don't think you can contact Uber other than via the App. Sometimes that can start an email response from them that you can then reply to (back and forth) but I believe the initial contact has to be via their App.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Through the app or Twitter. There is nobody to phone and Twitter tends to get a real reply. It may not be the result you want, but you will engage a human being.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Thanks I'll try again. I just want to be able to use Uber again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.