Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Pool Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Uber Pool Experiences

This week I did the Pool experience for the first time: $2.50 after local Seattle 50% discount this week. Terrific driver, and a decent trip. Just as I had thought that I was going to luck out and be the only passenger, the signal dinged that someone would be joining us. As it turned out the guy got in only a couple of blocks before we reached my destination, so that he and I were sitting together for well under two minutes (though he seemed nice enough).

Have most of your Pool experiences been nice ones, or more like a trip from hell?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's generally fine. If you think of it half-way between a commuter rail/bus and a private car, you will do OK. After all, you sit on buses with other people, not much difference with Pool.

Once in a long while, the new route may be a mess and, when that happens, just get out and get yourself another car. It's so cheap that 1 in 40/50 trips like this is a drop in the bucket.

That said, don't use it when you are on a schedule.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I use Pool 5-6x a week in NYC. Vast majority of the time, works fine. Rarely adds more than 5-10 minutes to my trip, and it's typically 1/4-1/3 of the price of UberX. I agree on the "don't do it if you're on a schedule, though."
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Some UberPool experiences:

Palo Alto to San Francisco downtown, around 2am in the morning, and it was $14.00 in total for two of us (and it was 30+ mile trip) As expected, no other riders picked up along the way

Miami Beach to MIA (for two passengers) cost us $4.00, however picked up another rider heading to MIA as well. We went the other way and it cost us $12.00.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.