ALWAYS take a screenshot w/ Uber/UberEats

Old Oct 1, 17, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
ALWAYS take a screenshot w/ Uber/UberEats

I honestly only use Uber & UberEats because it comes with credits via American Express. I have seen enough complaints against them to be proactive and take screenshots, and tonight it paid off. UberEats changed my booking fee from $1.99 to $4.99 at my final receipt, and their idea of 'support' is to imply I'm lying ("I do not see any $1.99 delivery fee in your area") and demand a screenshot.

So I have the screenshot and so whether it's from them or a formal dispute with American Express, I will have my $3 back. But I wanted to post as buyer beware. You can even see on the receipt that the temporary hold was for the correct $24.84.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 17, 9:29 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a "booking fee" of less than $4.99. I wonder if it's just a technical glitch.

Last edited by Ultraboost; Oct 1, 17 at 9:51 pm
Old Oct 4, 17, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Ultraboost View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a "booking fee" of less than $4.99. I wonder if it's just a technical glitch.
I hadn't used UberEATS in a while, but when I used it last week, I noticed the booking fee was $4.99. It struck me as high because I'm almost certain it was much lower (to the point of negligible) the last time I used the service.
Old Oct 6, 17, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by kb9522 View Post
I hadn't used UberEATS in a while, but when I used it last week, I noticed the booking fee was $4.99. It struck me as high because I'm almost certain it was much lower (to the point of negligible) the last time I used the service.
When UberEats launched in my area, the booking fee was like $0.99 or $1.99, but now it is $4.99. Maybe OP lives in an area that used to be $1.99 but now back to normal rate of $4.99. Probably an app glitch showing the old price. But even receipt shows they put a hold on the credit card based on the $1.99 fee. So it could be possible the glitch is on the receipt.. and OP's credit card was only charged $1.99 booking fee.
Old Oct 6, 17, 8:53 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kb9522 View Post
The booking fee is $4.99 where I live also and is the main reason that I've never used UberEATS unless I'm burning AMEX Plat Uber credits at the end of the month.

Seriously, $4.99 booking fee and the plea to tip the drivers? Pass.
Old Oct 6, 17, 6:29 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Technical glitch or not, they should never be charging more than what they quote. I hope OP gets a refund.
Old Oct 10, 17, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by Xlr View Post
Technical glitch or not, they should never be charging more than what they quote. I hope OP gets a refund.
I did get a refund, but the fact that, without a screenshot, I would have been screwed, is why I wanted to post this warning.
moivoila likes this.
Old Oct 13, 17, 10:23 am

Programs: Amex Delta
Thanks OP for the tip. Will take screenshots of my orders going forward!
Gig103 likes this.

Search this Thread