Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 min cancel now 2 min (before fee)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
5 min cancel now 2 min (before fee)

I believe this is official as of today. Here is a link to the drivers basic view.
https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-x-new-2m-cancel-window-true.181091/

here is my issue, I request a car and it says x min. Then as the driver accepts it sometimes goes x+y minutes or as the clock ticks x stays the same. When viewing the map, which I realize isn't 100% accurate in their true location, you can usually get an idea if they know where they are going. Sometimes you see them get on the wrong turn which in dense locations you know because of one ways will take them a while to circle back. I'm usually pretty forgiving but with a 2 min window for "free" cancel my tolerance will be much less.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:36 pm

I cannot confirm this is still true--if not, it ought to be--irrespective of the 5-min/2-min window...
https://help.uber.com/h/b1e2f22b-4c8...2-f91acc0ac66b

If your driver is running more than 5 minutes behind the provided ETA, you can cancel the ride request without incurring a cancellation fee.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

I found this pleasant post by one of the drivers on your link:

Call your pax to find out where they going. And think for yourself if you want that ride or the no show fee. As i mentioned on my past posts... no show fee is more profitable than the actual ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.