Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Limo Services

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Airport Limo Services

Have others had disagreeable service experiences with Supershuttle or Prime Time? We stopped calling Prime Time some years ago after getting a couple of terrible service calls from their contractors. Now, Supershuttle has failed. Yesterday a woman friend called us in a panic for a ride to LAX. She had reserved and paid for a Supershuttle ride for herself and her son from the Inland Empire (c.a. 80 miles). The day prior, Supershuttle, as is their custom, sent her a reminder and confirmation of pick up. Logically, she felt reassured that she would comfortably make her International departure. ONE hour prior to the scheduled pick up time she gets a call from an an unfamiliar area code, but fortunately answers it. It is Supershuttle and they inform her that they are unable to pick her up. She asks them to call her a cab; they refuse. She asks to speak to a supervisor, is put on a long hold, then dropped. Upon re-dialing she is informed there is no super available. She is promised a prompt refund, but is offered no assistance to resolve her dilemma which could easily have cost her the airline reservation.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Oh God that stresses me out. In fact, I hesitate to even use Uber getting to an airport because you never know what the availability will be like when it's time to go.

What did your friend do? I didn't like Supershuttle the few times I used them, nor am I surprised Supershuttle refused to do anything but refund her - all the Supershuttle drivers I've ever had were independent (the vans were marked as such).
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I refuse to use supershuttle. IMO part of the problem is that the scheduling and routing are done from very very far away, relying on GPS and computerized directions, but with little common sense about traffic and road work that locals would know. As a result, unless you're leaving from a hotel, you need to waste a lot of time getting to the airport.

I've witnessed even confirmed pickups from hotels that were mysteriously skipped with no advance notice, followed by a lot of lies about when the (next, and then next after that) van would actually arrive.

OTOH, going from the airport, they can lie about when the van is really leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.