Wiki Posts
Search

Fold 'N Go Dining Guide?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz Gold
Fold 'N Go Dining Guide?

Got a small fold-up printed listing of AAdvantage Dining restaurants in the DFW area today. The high rate of restaurant turnover in this program or changes their level and/or days of award makes a printed guide pretty useless.

It drives me nuts when I learn about changes in a restaurants participation after the fact...and it is a hassle to check their website so frequently.

Anyone else?
Jeff

Last edited by Jeffrey; Feb 23, 2005 at 6:48 pm Reason: typos
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:40 pm

The website/Avantgo client is the ONLY way to check...

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Got a small fold-up printed listing of AAdvantage Dining restaurants in the DFW area today. The high rate of restaurant turnover in this program turnover or changes their level and/or days of award makes a printed guide pretty useless.

It drives me nuts when I learn about changes in a restaurants participation after the fact...and it is a hassle to check their website so frequently.

Anyone else?
Jeff
the internet is the best way to check for anything these days. I don't find the website a hassle at all. The paper guide is useless and a waste for sure...
Old Feb 24, 2005, 5:55 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
In addition, it doesn't hurt to call to make sure they are still there!

Just yesterday I met a colleague at what turned out to be a closed restaurant that had an active listing.

(Not the first time this has happened!)
Old Feb 26, 2005, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, Hertz Gold
I got another one!

Interesting...I got another fold out Dining Guide...this time from BA Executive Club participating restaurants.

Instead of printing and distributing these guides, I wish they would give their restaurants stickers to put in their front door/windows (used similar to what credit cards they accept).

Jeff
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
HA HA HA! I hope they supply a free scraper when the restaurant suddenly pulls out of the program!

BEWARE!

I don't bring a PDA with me when I travel, so I tried printing out the list for a city on a recent trip.
It printed out in a very, very awkward format and the 3 (or so) screens became a dozen pages on paper. Next time I guess I'll have to cut-and-paste the joints that seem interesting and near my hotel individually into a Word doc a day or two before departure.

Edited to add: actually Transmedia (iDine's predecessor, which required a separate, miles-addict-identifier card) had such stickers.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Feb 26, 2005 at 5:25 pm
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Got a small fold-up printed listing of AAdvantage Dining restaurants in the DFW area today. The high rate of restaurant turnover in this program or changes their level and/or days of award makes a printed guide pretty useless.

Anyone else?
Jeff
I also thought they would be useless...
Old Mar 3, 2005, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, MR-PlatPrem, US-Gold, SPG-Gold
Useless

Mine was inaccurate the day it arrived.

The recent changes in iDine are nothing short of deplorable. Shame on them for wasting money on the fold-out by cutting the miles-per-dollar earnings in half for most participants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.