FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Rewards Network (formerly iDine) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine-400/)
-   -   Fold 'N Go Dining Guide? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/403361-fold-n-go-dining-guide.html)

Jeffrey Feb 22, 2005 8:26 pm

Fold 'N Go Dining Guide?

Got a small fold-up printed listing of AAdvantage Dining restaurants in the DFW area today. The high rate of restaurant turnover in this program or changes their level and/or days of award makes a printed guide pretty useless.

It drives me nuts when I learn about changes in a restaurants participation after the fact...and it is a hassle to check their website so frequently.

Anyone else?
Jeff

KhalilSheikh Feb 22, 2005 11:40 pm

The website/Avantgo client is the ONLY way to check...

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Got a small fold-up printed listing of AAdvantage Dining restaurants in the DFW area today. The high rate of restaurant turnover in this program turnover or changes their level and/or days of award makes a printed guide pretty useless.

It drives me nuts when I learn about changes in a restaurants participation after the fact...and it is a hassle to check their website so frequently.

Anyone else?
Jeff

the internet is the best way to check for anything these days. I don't find the website a hassle at all. The paper guide is useless and a waste for sure...

Watchful Feb 24, 2005 5:55 am

In addition, it doesn't hurt to call to make sure they are still there!

Just yesterday I met a colleague at what turned out to be a closed restaurant that had an active listing.

(Not the first time this has happened!)

Jeffrey Feb 26, 2005 4:22 pm

I got another one!

Interesting...I got another fold out Dining Guide...this time from BA Executive Club participating restaurants.

Instead of printing and distributing these guides, I wish they would give their restaurants stickers to put in their front door/windows (used similar to what credit cards they accept).

Jeff

Points Scrounger Feb 26, 2005 5:22 pm

HA HA HA! I hope they supply a free scraper when the restaurant suddenly pulls out of the program!

BEWARE!

I don't bring a PDA with me when I travel, so I tried printing out the list for a city on a recent trip.
It printed out in a very, very awkward format and the 3 (or so) screens became a dozen pages on paper. Next time I guess I'll have to cut-and-paste the joints that seem interesting and near my hotel individually into a Word doc a day or two before departure.

Edited to add: actually Transmedia (iDine's predecessor, which required a separate, miles-addict-identifier card) had such stickers.

mir322 Mar 2, 2005 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Got a small fold-up printed listing of AAdvantage Dining restaurants in the DFW area today. The high rate of restaurant turnover in this program or changes their level and/or days of award makes a printed guide pretty useless.

Anyone else?
Jeff

I also thought they would be useless...

Lancerrr Mar 3, 2005 1:30 pm

Useless

Mine was inaccurate the day it arrived.

The recent changes in iDine are nothing short of deplorable. Shame on them for wasting money on the fold-out by cutting the miles-per-dollar earnings in half for most participants.