Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody seen these new reward details?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Question Anybody seen these new reward details?

Hey - on United's idine, several restaurants in my area come up with this new reward detail:

Earn 10 miles/$ + 2.5 mile(s)/$, All Day, Everyday

What exactly does that mean - why are there two different qualifiers there? Is it a typo, and should it be 10 miles plus 2.5/$ spent? Or is it 12.5/$ spent? Anybody got an answer here?

Thanks,
Wingsfan
Old Oct 8, 2004, 6:08 pm

Its 12.5 miles per $ spent; the original 10 miles/$ plus a 25% bonus.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:19 pm

Angry Does AA have this bonus. I haven't seen it before...

Originally Posted by chinstrap
Its 12.5 miles per $ spent; the original 10 miles/$ plus a 25% bonus.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
If I remember correctly, UA had a promotion last year for visiting a certain number of IDine restaurants during a fixed period. You got the 25% bonus on your visits to IDine restaurants in 2005. I could have remembered it wrong, but that is what seems to be the case for me - on UA-IDine only.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chinstrap
If I remember correctly, UA had a promotion last year for visiting a certain number of IDine restaurants during a fixed period. You got the 25% bonus on your visits to IDine restaurants in 2005. I could have remembered it wrong, but that is what seems to be the case for me - on UA-IDine only.

You know what? That is the answer - the 25% bonus. I didn't join the promotion last year, but I DID just get my 12 visits this year which triggers that bonus, and this is the first time I noticed that equation, so that must be what is going on. Because I actually logged in to United MP iDine this time, that must be why it is showing me that points calculation in that format. Thanks everyone for figuring this out. Thanks also to the recent poster who reminded everyone to log in - I saw 6 extra restaurants in north side of Chicago after logging in.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 4:57 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wingsfan
You know what? That is the answer - the 25% bonus. I didn't join the promotion last year, but I DID just get my 12 visits this year which triggers that bonus, and this is the first time I noticed that equation, so that must be what is going on. Because I actually logged in to United MP iDine this time, that must be why it is showing me that points calculation in that format. Thanks everyone for figuring this out. Thanks also to the recent poster who reminded everyone to log in - I saw 6 extra restaurants in north side of Chicago after logging in.
How long after visit number 12 did you start to see the bonus appear as available? I had dining visit number 12 last week and I have yet to see these bonuses. Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
How long after visit number 12 did you start to see the bonus appear as available? I had dining visit number 12 last week and I have yet to see these bonuses. Thanks.

I saw it immediately, that is, immediately when the dine itself posted - there were 2 lines for the meal - one for the standard earnings and one for the bonus (same day, 2 lines). It looked like this (as an example):

4-Oct-04 MP DINING-TACO FRESCO 58
4-Oct-04 DINING 25% MORE MILES BONUS 15

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.