Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Where does Idine rank in your arsenal of miles earning tools?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where does Idine rank in your arsenal of miles earning tools?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2004, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
  1. Flying NW
  2. Credit Cards
  3. Mileage Malls
  4. Special bonuses
  5. iDine
aloha
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I-Dine ranks very low, as there are not very many "good" restaurants that participate in the program. In my area (Orlando), the bulk of the restaurants are small ethnic restaurants, especially Indian. If I happen to eat at an I-Dine restaurant, I usually only know it once it posts to my account.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by miles addict
I-Dine ranks very low, as there are not very many "good" restaurants that participate in the program. In my area (Orlando), the bulk of the restaurants are small ethnic restaurants, especially Indian. If I happen to eat at an I-Dine restaurant, I usually only know it once it posts to my account.
Careful -- your post could be misinterpreted, as some people might not understand the quotes around "good" as meaning "upscale" (if I understand you correctly).

Of course you aren't implying that "small ethnic restaurants, especially Indian" are not good places to eat in general -- rather, that they aren't the kind of upscale places you'd go for a special night out. Right?

In many parts of the country, though, there are quite a lot of upscale places that participate in idine, as well as modest ones and everything in between.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 8:41 pm

Like most, I earn most miles from CC and other bank/broker products, with iDine second and actual miles third. The 500 mile elite bonus is a nice perk too every month (after 3 dines).

Peace!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 9:25 pm

Question 500 mile bonus?

Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
Like most, I earn most miles from CC and other bank/broker products, with iDine second and actual miles third. The 500 mile elite bonus is a nice perk too every month (after 3 dines).

Peace!
I average ~10-15K AA miles per month on Idine, and I don't recall ever getting that elite bonus. Per phone conversations I've had with their Customer Service group, I am considered 'elite'. Am I missing something?

Last edited by KhalilSheikh; Sep 11, 2004 at 9:27 pm Reason: incomplete info
Old Sep 12, 2004, 5:57 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
I average ~10-15K AA miles per month on Idine, and I don't recall ever getting that elite bonus. Per phone conversations I've had with their Customer Service group, I am considered 'elite'. Am I missing something?
You get the 500 mile bonus per month only if you have at least three idines in that month and you are an AA gold, plat or exp. So its elite with AA (and maybe other airlines as well?), but not "elite" with idine!
Old Sep 12, 2004, 1:08 pm

Thumbs up That explains it, thanks.

Originally Posted by tudorcity
You get the 500 mile bonus per month only if you have at least three idines in that month and you are an AA gold, plat or exp. So its elite with AA (and maybe other airlines as well?), but not "elite" with idine!
I don't have any status w/AA, since I don't fly that often. Oh well.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Silver, Hyatt GP Platinum, Marriott Rewards Silver
Wink Because it works and is of value?

Originally Posted by cactuspete
Honestly, I (and most others here) think your site is very useful, but I get so sick of you constantly using posts on this board as a referral source for it. Why not just answer the simple question? Just one poster's opinion.
Even though you've seen it a million times, the n00bies that step in all the time (like me) haven't.

I found pgary's site to have a lot of value, and appreciate the link.

Now, back to the topic:

1. mypoints.com
2. erewards
3. idine (now Rewards Network)
4. flying

I don't feel guilty one bit about it, either.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 9:44 pm

In my case:

eRewards
iDine
Mypoints

However, I must say iDine offers the most flexibilty for topping off
several different accounts.

This month I am working on Continental, next month I expect
to be pushing American.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by Mormik
1: RBC / AA Credit card (1 mile / $ and double miles for AA spending)
What is RBC please?
Old Oct 2, 2004, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
While the number of iDine miles I earn every month is not huge, it is extremely easy as my "regular" iDine restaurants are right along my commute route, making it easy to lock in the AA bonus every month.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:25 pm

Programs: 11 Longhaired Friends of Jesus; Chartreuse Microbus; just demoted to AA nonentity
Idine ranks just above Eggo waffles for me, and I don't eat waffles. As stated, depends where you live.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
I just did a quick caluclation... 10% of my 175,000 AA miles came from aa.rewardsnetwork.com (Idine) for restaurants, hoitels and bonsues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.