Wiki Posts
Search

Can you register a Rewards Credit Card?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 10:23 am
db1
Original Poster

Can you register a Rewards Credit Card?

Example: Can I register my Starwood Amex with Idine.continental airlines and double dip, getting both Starpoints and onepass miles for the same transaction?

Don
Old May 13, 2004, 11:04 am
RCC

Originally Posted by db1
Example: Can I register my Starwood Amex with Idine.continental airlines and double dip, getting both Starpoints and onepass miles for the same transaction?

Don
Don, I have my Delta American Express registered with Idinie & it works when I utilize thier partner groups.

Essentially, you & I have the same credit card, just a different rewards program, with that said, I would speculate you can "double dip" as I do.

Ric
Old May 13, 2004, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by db1

Don
Absolutely. The two programs are unrelated.

I have the following...

SPG Amex -> iDine Prime
AA Mastercard -> AAdvantage (so that's 11 miles/dollar for iDines)
Marriott Visa -> Delta
Hilton Amex -> Northwest

plus a couple others...

To make things even better, one of my local iDine restaurants/bars has their own proprietary in-house points system. You present that card to earn 1 pt/$ spent, and 100 points = $10 credit to your next meal. And last year, I used an Entertainment cert there to get a 2-for-1.

So, for one meal, I quadruple-dipped!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.