Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IDine Recommendations in Myrtle Beach???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Question IDine Recommendations in Myrtle Beach???

Does anyone have any recommendations (either positive or negative) for IDine restaurants in the Myrtle Beach area? We will be spending the next week there with some friends.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:51 pm

Go to Idine and search by zip code 29577 within a 15 mile radius, it will produce lots to chose from. For breakfast we like Spring House Family Restaurant, good food, daily breakfast specials less than $4-5, nice, clean atmosphere, wait staff friendly, they also have lunch and dinner but not elegant, no alcoholic beverages. As it says "family" type restaurant.
The Seafare is one of those all you can eat buffets for about $18.00.
We've eaten at Garcia's, mexican menu, good drinks, inexpensive, nice atmosphere but not elegant dining.
Fisherman's Market at Murrells Inlet has good seafood, most dishes $8-15. They have a sampler appetizer that I get as my entree. More than I can eat. They serve drinks.
If you want more elegant dining Thoroughbreds should fill the bill for you. You can click on their web sit from Idine.com. Dinners $18-29.
Sam Sneads Grill offers ribs. I have not dined at Thoroughbreds nor Sam Sneads so I can't advise.
We've had a vacation house at MB for about a year and have not gotten around to all the Idine restaurants because we grill many of our meals and we have non-Idine favorites such as Angelo's, 2011 S. Kings Hwy. They advertise having the best steak in America and my hubby agrees! Drinks, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices.
We think the best ribs can be had at Tony Roma's at Broadway At The Beach, non Idine.
Look for "Sunny Day" guide, it's a booklet loaded with coupons for discounts on dining, attractions, etc.
I don't know how familiar you or your friends are with MB but it is a smorgasbord of restaurants, something to tickle eveyones taste buds.
Sorry for the length.
Enjoy your stay
Old Apr 21, 2004, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks for all the info. We'll try some of your recommendations while we're there. It's great to go to restaurants with our friends who aren't in to IDine and have them pay us cash and let us put the whole bill on our card.
Old May 2, 2004, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Myrtle Beach Review

We have now returned from our trip to Myrtle Beach. Did stop for several breakfasts at the Spring House Restaurant, and all were fine for all 4 members of our party. I noticed they had several locations, and since we actually stayed in North Myrtle Beach, we went to the North Myrtle location. It was a good 45 minute drive from North Myrtle Beach to the place you recommended in Murrell's Inlet, so we didn't get there. Also, the people with us didn't want to eat Mexican, so we never made it to that recommendation. However, we did stop at Sam Snead's Grill (excellent prime rib with sweet potato chips.) Thorobreds, which you mentioned, is next door, and we heard good things about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.