Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

issue with RN website unchecking "email" at random causing VIP->Basic status change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

issue with RN website unchecking "email" at random causing VIP->Basic status change

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Twice in the past week, I found that the Alaska Mileage Plan Rewards Network website had deleted my checkmark for allowing emails in my Profile, and thus reset my account from VIP to Basic. I realized this only after seeing that for an unknown reason, I had gotten 1 mile for every 2 dollars, instead of my normal 5 miles per dollar, on my most recently posted dine. I checked it and saved the setting, and then a couple days later, I found they'd unchecked it again.

I emailed them on Friday, but I still haven't gotten a response, but that's not surprising given the holiday period, plus they sent me an automated email saying that they have an unusually high number of email requests right now.

I don't know if this related to how long it was since I last set that setting (I've had that account for over 14 years, VIP the whole time AFAIK, but I don't know exactly how long, or if it's a thing affecting multiple users that I just haven't heard of yet.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They finally replied yesterday (almost 3 weeks after I contacted them), and first said I'd get 3 miles per dollar, but when I requested that they match my previous VIP status, they finally gave me back VIP status and I'm now finally getting 5 miles per dollar going forward again.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:18 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
I have encountered similar treatment: they claimed their/an email had bounced, and their response is the 'uncheck' ... despite having a healthy collection of their regular promo spam, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.