Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Fewer restaurants since March 1, 2024 - Why and will that change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I have noticed that many restaurants that I regularly order food from online via the AAdvantage Dining (Rewards Network) site are no longer participating in the program. Maybe a dozen or more within a couple of miles of me no longer appear on the site for online ordering, and, many of them are not participating for dining in either.

While I will still order from my regular take away place, the AA miles and LP were very helpful towards AA status, and would sway me to choose one Thai or Mexican place over others due to the rewards. Or to try a different place.

Anyone know what happened? I assume a change in fees or revenue sharing. And is there a chance new restaurants will join?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
AA took away the option for online ordering through AA Dining March 1st. There was an email about it in late February.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
AA took away the option for online ordering through AA Dining March 1st. There was an email about it in late February.
Yes, I saw that.

Why?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SixMileMtn
Yes, I saw that.

Why?
The online ordering for the additional restaurants was due to a partnership with a separate company called ChowNow.

Perhaps their contract ended and it was not renewed?

Another possibility is that Rewards Network was not set to technically handle the great recent increase in ChowNow restaurants:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/2041347-chownow-online-ordering-via-rn-15-000-new-restaurants.html
And in the last post of that thread, is says of RN:

"***After receiving feedback from our members, we've decided to discontinue our online ordering feature via our website beginning March 1, 2024.***"

So those are three possible reasons.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The online ordering for the additional restaurants was due to a partnership with a separate company called ChowNow.

Perhaps their contract ended and it was not renewed?

Another possibility is that Rewards Network was not set to technically handle the great recent increase in ChowNow restaurants:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/rewards-network-formerly-idine/2041347-chownow-online-ordering-via-rn-15-000-new-restaurants.html
And in the last post of that thread, is says of RN:

"***After receiving feedback from our members, we've decided to discontinue our online ordering feature via our website beginning March 1, 2024.***"

So those are three possible reasons.
l
Yeah all it discussed was not allowing online ordering from the page. They could have kept the restaurants on there and just say to go to the chownow app and give us the points for ordering at all their restaurants
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Michael Belisle
Yeah all it discussed was not allowing online ordering from the page. They could have kept the restaurants on there and just say to go to the chownow app and give us the points for ordering at all their restaurants
Most likely ChowNow decided they weren't interested in paying RN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.