Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Good reminder from RN - check your registered cards!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

I received an e-mail today that is a useful reminder (assuming we are still dining much ).

Pick a card, any card.

Its no trick. If all your credit and debit cards are registered with the American Airlines AAdvantage DiningSM program and are up-to-date, youll earn American Airlines AAdvantage miles no matter which one you choose!

Youve got a few cards registered already, so make sure theyre all current. And if you have other cards, add those, too. Keep in mind, you can register any card displaying an American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa logoincluding credit, debit, bank, ATM and check cards.

Please log in now to verify your information, including your credit and debit card numbers, so youll earn AAdvantage miles for every AAdvantage DiningSM program purchase.
That means I can even register my Diners Card, which is now branded as a MasterCard.

Just remember, you can not register one card for more than one dining program.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
That means I can even register my Diners Card, which is now branded as a MasterCard.
First of all, "now" is a bit of an overstatement. It's only been an MC (in US/Canada) for at least half a decade!

Second, be careful: Diners Club works fine if your dines post automatically, or if you have the receipt to use in case of a missing dine. But my experience is that they will reject missing dine reports where you use a Diners Club statement, because they'll look at the Diners Club account number (which is completely different from your Diners Club card number), and say "you used the wrong card", no matter how much you explain to them that there is another place on the statement (further down) where the actual card number can be found. (You can't speak "voice" to the people interpreting your dining proof submission. You can speak "voice" to someone else in customer service, but it doesn't help if the behind-the-scenes "rebates" team is the only ones interpreting your dining proof submission.)

After losing a critical (to a promo) dine this way, I've stopped using my Diners Club card at restaurants I know to be participating. (I still keep it registered, but only for the unlikely case where I didn't think/know a restaurant was participating, but it turned out it was.)
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My practice would be the other way around, as I instinctively keep receipts from places I know at the time are (or should be!) participating, and might not for "surprise" visits.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My practice would be the other way around, as I instinctively keep receipts from places I know at the time are (or should be!) participating, and might not for "surprise" visits.
I didn't mean that I don't do that. I do. (Actually, I keep all receipts for a while, and only destroy them after a month or two after I'm sure everything has posted correctly, both to RN for dines and to my credit card statements for everything.) But in the case where I submitted the Diners Club statement, it was because there was some problem with the receipt (illegible print, or faded by then, or whatever) that precluded me using it. I have that problem occasionally with receipts, some of them are thermally printed or whatever and by the time weeks later I realize the dine didn't post a fraction of them are not usable any more.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It is a good reminder, I got burned this month already I'd forgotten my US Debit Card number was compromised last December and they'd mailed me a new card. I used it on a $90 dinner in Nashville and missed out on some serious miles as I'd never registered the new number
Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
Just remember, you can not register one card for more than one dining program.
What happens if you do? Does an "error" appear or does it automatically remove the card from the previous dining program?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
What happens if you do? Does an "error" appear or does it automatically remove the card from the previous dining program?
See the discussion in this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.