Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

American Airlines 30 Days of Dining (May 18 - June 16, 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 10:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

The deal is - between May 18 and June 16 2011, register, dine, spend $30 or more including tip and taxes, rate the dine within thirty days, earn 300 bonus miles per dine, with no limit on number of dines / bonus miles you earn. So, thirty dollar increments earn batches of 300 miles, no limits - $15 each at two dines, $30 = 300 miles. (Read this through, please.)

One can register directly at: http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm (after signing in, of course)

As roqdawg quoted in the master bonus thread,

The American Airlines AAdvantage® program is celebrating its 30th anniversary, but you’re the one getting a gift–a month of AAdvantage® bonus miles!
Register for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus and you’ll earn 300 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $30 you spend dining. Earn it over and over and over again – there is no limit to the number of bonus miles you can earn.

It’s this easy:
1 Register for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus*
2 Dine at participating restaurants from May 18–June 16, 2011
3 Earn 300 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $30 you spend.
30 Days of Dining Bonus Details

This bonus offer is open to all members of the AAdvantage DiningSM program. To qualify, you must register for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus through the links on this page. If you are a new member or a member without a profile, you must enroll and complete a dining profile during bonus registration. A dining profile includes creating a web login and opting in and remaining opted in to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program with a valid, deliverable email address. You must continue to satisfy Online and/or VIP Member level criteria to earn this bonus.

To earn this bonus, you must spend at least $30 (including tax and tip) in any combination incrementally (NOT per dine) at participating restaurants, bars or clubs between May 18 and June 16, 2011. Please note that activity that occurred prior to registration will not be eligible for this bonus. In addition, all dines must occur during a valid reward period and be paid for with a credit or debit card registered in the AAdvantage DiningSM program. You may earn 300 AAdvantage miles for every $30 you spend. There is no maximum number of AAdvantage miles you may earn. Offer is not combinable with other AAdvantage DiningSM bonuses. Please allow 4–6 weeks from June 16, 2011 for any bonus AAdvantage miles to post to your AAdvantage account. All account inquiries related to this bonus must be received by August 15, 2011.

Please note that some restaurants offer rewards only on certain days of the week or up to a maximum spending amount per month. For complete program Terms and Conditions, guidelines and restrictions, and the latest rewards calendar, visit aa.rewardsnetwork.com. Other limitations may apply.

In the above language, there is nothing stating you must dine and rate the dine - but the confirmation e-mail stipulates:

Dear JDiver,

Thank you for registering for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus promotion with the AAdvantage DiningSM program.

You are now eligible to earn 300 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $30 you spend by June 16, 2011. You must also complete your dining reviews within 30 days of each dine.

Please note that activity that occurred prior to registering for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus promotion will not be eligible for the promotion. Please see the Bonus Details.

Sincerely,
AAdvantage DiningSM Member Services
Email: [email protected]
300 South Park Road
Suite 300
Hollywood, FL 33021
Phone: (800) 479-5981

DO BE AWARE - they should have been more disclosing, as the steps are really:

It’s this easy:

t’s this easy:
1 Register for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus*
2 Dine at participating restaurants from May 18–June 16, 2011
2A RATE THE DINE WITHIN 30 DAYS
3 Earn 300 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $30 you spend.

Don't be disappointed - be aware you MUST rate the dine within thirty days of dining, or you will get bupkis.

Last edited by JDiver; May 30, 2011 at 8:23 pm Reason: correction - thanks to wolfsatz and NickHR
Old May 19, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I saw that in my confirmation email as well. Although not in the T&Cs, it's better to be safe than sorry. And it really doesn't take much time to do the review.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Got started on it yesterday, nice to see a promotion for AA earning Diners ^
Old May 19, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
Originally Posted by JDiver
The deal is - between May 18 and June 16 2011, register, dine, spend $40 or more per dine including tip and taxes, rate the dine within thirty days, earn 300 bonus miles per dine, with no limit on number of dines / bonus miles you earn. (Read this through, please.)
I believe it's spend $30 or more including tax and tip to receive the bonus.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
And thanks for pointing out the review requirement, I missed that. DOH! That would have SUCKED!
Old May 20, 2011, 12:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks! Correckshin made. I guess I fatfingered that - recovering from foodborne illness but getting better daily. No, no RN restaurant...

Originally Posted by wolfsatz
I believe it's spend $30 or more including tax and tip to receive the bonus.
Old May 22, 2011, 6:24 am

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Slightly confused

One thing I'm not quite clear on. Does this work out to 15 miles per $$ for VIP members or 10 miles?

In other words, if I spend $30 do I receive 300 BONUS miles on top of my standard 150 miles for a total of 450?

Or is it just 150 + 150 for a total of 300?

Thoughts? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
$30 aggregate, not per dine

JDiver, in your post you indicate $30 or more per dine for the bonus. However, as I read the following in the T&C, it's $30 in aggregate to get the bonus:

"you must spend at least $30 (including tax and tip) in any combination of dines at participating restaurants..."
Old May 22, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by gatorboy
In other words, if I spend $30 do I receive 300 BONUS miles on top of my standard 150 miles for a total of 450?.
Yes. Bonuses are awarded on top of base miles earned for the actual dine.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Originally Posted by wolfsatz
And thanks for pointing out the review requirement, I missed that. DOH! That would have SUCKED!
How very sneaky.
The official T&C never make mention of needing to fill out the dining review. It is only mentioned in the confirmation email.
Old May 25, 2011, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no mention of needing to rate in my May 20 confirmation email!

I didn't register until May 20, and the email I got simply says:

Dear sdsearch,

Thank you for registering for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus promotion with the AAdvantage DiningSM program.

You are now eligible to earn 300 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every $30 you spend by June 16, 2011.

Please note that activity that occurred prior to registering for the 30 Days of Dining Bonus promotion will not be eligible for the promotion. Please see the Bonus Details.

Sincerely,

AAdvantage DiningSM Member Services
Email: [email protected]
300 South Park Road
Suite 300
Hollywood, FL 33021
Phone: (800) 479-5981

Is the difference because they fixed it by May 20th, or because YMMV???
Old May 25, 2011, 3:45 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I’m sure that I don’t have to tell you, sd, that the path of least resistance is to go ahead and rate your 3x dines, as who wants to fight over language that was/wasn’t in an email.

I do take pride, however, in never rating a restaurant without a bonus, gleefully deleting the annoying emails asking me what I loved about such and such restaurant.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
The first two bonuses, earned for dinners last Wednesday and Thursday, have already posted to the dining program. I did reviews for each of these dines almost immediately. I'm going to wait on dines I did Sunday, Tuesday, and last night to see if the bonuses post without the reviews since the first two posted so quickly.

I see the need to get a bunch of friends and family together to do a group dinner at a program restaurant and then serve as the check coordinator for the table: "Your share is $35, yours is $42, yeah, just give me the cash, I'll put it on my credit card." The possibility of a $300 or so tab yielding 4500 miles with my own spending share around $45? Seems within reach.
Old May 27, 2011, 1:29 pm

And the miles for those bonuses have now posted from the dining program to my AAdvantage account.
Old May 29, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA GLD, CapitalOne, Starbucks GLD
Hello, I'm a newbie here

I am hoping someone with more experience could help me learn whether
there is a restriction on earning miles for gift certificates in an AAdvantage dining restaurant? Or would it depend on the restaurant?

I know eshopping typically has this restriction, but I have not seen it in the T&C of AAdvantage dining. I am hoping to quickly earn and have miles posted to account to book an award ticket.

Thank you for your help.

As I progress toward a Platinum status, I hope to be able to contribute toward the wealth of useful information here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.