Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

How to split a bill between company and I?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I am renting a car for 10 days, 7 of those days are covered by the company and 3 of those days are myself. It is a road trip whereby I want extra time to visit more cities during the way back.

The first 7 days will be on company time and the latter 3 days are personal vacation. The issue is that it is a road trip so dropping off the car between 2 contracts is not an option.

Also my company is very particular that the credit payment amt needs to match the bill amt. So there a possibility to rent a car for 7 days, and then have a "late fee extension" with the car company and I pay that out of my own pocket?

What kind of options are there?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:30 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

This is going to be very difficult, if not impossible to do. The only way we can think of to do this is to break it up into two one-way rentals--one for the first 7 days, and then another for the last 3 days.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:02 pm

The company likely won't accept a one-way, likely using a contract rate with an intercity mileage charge, when it expects a simple roundtrip like presumably everyone else traveling.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:04 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The assumption is that it’s already a one-way rental during the first 7 days. If not, then the OP could just return the company rental after the business portion of the trip and pick up a personal one-way rental for their road trip.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:09 pm

The OP implied the leisure activities are mid-trip. Ex fly into ORD and drive 2 hours to the office in WI, then stop in Madison on the way back to ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.