Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rental car MSRP

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Rental car MSRP

Will the counter at the rental car agency be able to provide the MSRP of the vehicle you select? I'm worried that looking it up myself on the website won't be as accurate since I won't know the exact options that the car has.

Just want to make sure I'm covered by insurance as my credit card only covers cars with an MSRP below CAD 65K.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:34 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

No, unfortunately, they will not. They will have no clue. Your best bet is to Google it yourself, or, pick a cheap car that you know is well below your insurance limit.
Old May 21, 2022, 9:14 am

No they will not tell you, ask or check the trim level yourself, MSRP will be based on canadian dealer website.
If you do not have your own insurance, check AMEX, most cards provide CDW coverage up to $85,000 CAD
Dunedain likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
No, unfortunately, they will not. They will have no clue. Your best bet is to Google it yourself, or, pick a cheap car that you know is well below your insurance limit.
Originally Posted by jizen
No they will not tell you, ask or check the trim level yourself, MSRP will be based on canadian dealer website.
If you do not have your own insurance, check AMEX, most cards provide CDW coverage up to $85,000 CAD
That's too bad, thanks for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.