Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Will Alamo charge me for returning my car a day early for a flight cancelation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage

My return flight on Thanksgiving from AUS to PHL on AA has been canceled, they want me to take a EARLY flight via PHX with a 2.5 hour layover and so I'm trying to get on a flight the day before. Its a 5.5 day weekly rental that would turn it likely into a 4.5 day daily rental. Any chance I get Alamo to not charge me the difference?
Old Oct 12, 2020, 8:25 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Anything over 4 days and 3 hours should end up being a weekly rate so our guess is that you should be fine. Usually you get charged 1/3 for the first hour, 2/3 for the second hour, and by the 3rd hour, you are charged for a full day, hence the 5-day equivalent, which effectively translates to the weekly rate. It’s not guaranteed, but this is typically the way it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.