Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FL drive-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2020, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
What outrageous upgrade fee did she initially offer?
I didn't say "outrageous". But of course, had I prepaid Full-size, it would tone her down. Be that I prepaid Compact, she floated some VW with 45k...Then she floated I may have to wait for cleaning...Then she said +$23 would give me instant Lincoln; but a credit card screen showed +$30.xx Then she floated AAA improvement - which still showed +$27. When I refused ANY paid upgrade, she finally managed the original $23 promise, and this time with fees.The queue behind my back is 15+ by then

I get in, and see tank isn't nearly F. I catch a guy running around, he crosses Full and initials 6/8...I wasn't thinking but my return is Daytona neigbourhood; so the owner says: I can only punch in return level, and "system will do the rest". Well "system" charged +$47 fuel (he explained, at $10/gal) +taxes. It took CS two days to show $68 back on my card

p.s. owner also complained how hard it is to get salt off Northern arrivals. Warned to consider carwash in the future
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
p.s. owner also complained how hard it is to get salt off Northern arrivals. Warned to consider carwash in the future
Why would it be your responsibility to wash the car?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m907
Why would it be your responsibility to wash the car?
he didn’t dare charge. So: moral suasion, I guess. Enough of Budget now...

I'm still of mind to write to Dollar. Just not sure to whose email address(?)
Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:46 am
Original Poster

any sign of 2021 Florida drive-out yet, from any company? Even if announced in advance of actual earliest pick-up, I doubt earliest pick-up could possibly be prior(?) to Easter Sunday April 4. I vividly remember low rates in April in the years past; but was there a precedent of (as early as) April 1?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:24 am

I was wondering the same thing. It's usually been announced by now. But with the urge to flee locked down, slow to reopen cities in northern states, and the large fleet selloffs, I wouldn't be surprised if the one-way specials don't happen this year.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 12:15 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

We wouldn't be surprised if there was no FL drive-out either this year. Demand patterns are completely different from years past and there is a general vehicle shortage across-the-board right now, so it's really anyone's guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.