Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Places where rentals are registered

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Question Places where rentals are registered

Horrible title, I know. I am wondering, what are some of the most unusual states your rentals have been registered in considering their location? Example:

Both of the rentals we've done from the tiny local neighborhood branch in Rhode Island have been registered in Michigan. One that we got from PVD (still Rhode Island) was registered in Tennessee. All of these were round trips. I am pretty sure some companies just have one state that all of their cars are registered in (Michigan is a super common one), but Hertz seems to be all over the place.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 6:23 pm

This question really belongs in the Rental Discussion thread, since it is not unique to Hertz.

Case in point: Last Jan I did a one-way from JFK to the suburbs with Budget. My Prius had MA plates, which are very common. There were a few other cars with VA plates, also very common. Then an SUV with Idaho plates. That's rare around here. It was in this area for a while most likely, though, because it had EZ Pass installed, which is not used in Idaho.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 11:47 pm

Discussed in this thread.
Auto Enthusiast and CarCat like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm going to move this thread to the Rental Car Discussion as it's a general question and not Hertz specific.

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz Mod
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.