Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reduced hours at airport locations

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Reduced hours at airport locations

It looks like the big 3-4 rental brands are reducing operating hours at airport locations. At Houston-Hobby, Avis and Budget are only open 9-5 on weekends. What is everyone else seeing?
Old May 30, 2020, 11:45 am

They're most likely reducing hours in response to reduced flight schedules. Most airports require in their master agreement for rental car counters to remain open XYZ minutes after the last flight of the day has landed.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SixAlpha
They're most likely reducing hours in response to reduced flight schedules. Most airports require in their master agreement for rental car counters to remain open XYZ minutes after the last flight of the day has landed.
Right - I was just curious what airports were reducing hours.

I know that's generally the practice, but I hadn't heard of that being written into the terms. I looked through National's, for example, and didn't find anything like that.
Old May 31, 2020, 5:02 pm

Hope you don't want to rent a car from Avis/Budget at Coolangatta Airport (OOL) in Australia (normally open 16hrs a day, 7 days a week) Its still better than Europcar which has closed altogether

Hours of Operation for this location are:
Mon 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM; Wed 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM; Fri 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.