Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

FL & AZ driveouts are still planned as normal?

FL & AZ driveouts are still planned as normal?

Old Apr 27, 20, 7:12 pm
  #31  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 4,093
Pick up where, and return where? If this was the FL driveout, how many miles do you think the agent at return expected, and if you did a lot more, what was their reaction?
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old Apr 28, 20, 11:07 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Pick up where, and return where? If this was the FL driveout, how many miles do you think the agent at return expected, and if you did a lot more, what was their reaction?
This was a routine (for this forum) matter over this decade. I posted my details in a few threads. Most noticeable for me out of this 15-day experience was:
1. my debut with this vendor - and no issues
2. rate was certainly lowest of any company, despite posters on this forum who provided zero evidence (I've posted my actual invoice as I drove off)
3. the only reaction I got was a smile, and a wish on guy's face he caught two weeks in FL lol

Look, I can't try to stack "up to 45% off", cuz it's PREPAID offer. I hope someone can benefit, and post intel
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old May 6, 20, 11:26 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
This was a routine (for this forum) matter over this decade. I posted my details in a few threads. Most noticeable for me out of this 15-day experience was:
1. my debut with this vendor - and no issues
2. rate was certainly lowest of any company, despite posters on this forum who provided zero evidence (I've posted my actual invoice as I drove off)
3. the only reaction I got was a smile, and a wish on guy's face he caught two weeks in FL lol

Look, I can't try to stack "up to 45% off", cuz it's PREPAID offer. I hope someone can benefit, and post intel
I just noticed that in-Florida daily rates are just as low as drive-out rate! Are Germans the lowest in-FL too?
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 11:12 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
I just noticed that in-Florida daily rates are just as low as drive-out rate! Are Germans the lowest in-FL too?
But now for May 30, I see no strong FL deals from Germans. Any other company beating them?
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old May 14, 20, 12:09 pm
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 4,093
National is now apparently participating, with Aisle choice, not just Enterprise and Alamo.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old May 22, 20, 11:25 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
National is now apparently participating, with Aisle choice, not just Enterprise and Alamo.
TY! I determine latest pick-up to be, unfortunately, May 30
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old May 25, 20, 5:28 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
I have a 12-day reservation; so I suppose no cheaper FL drive-out?
Sat, May 30, 2020 RETURN Thu, June 11, 2020 Full Size Car (I'm wondering what's the highest category that EE is eligible after FREE UPGRADE?) Ford Fusion or similar
TIME & DISTANCE 1 WEEKLY @ $99.09 $99.09 EXTRA - TIME & DISTANCE 5 DAILY @ $8.26 $41.30
Unlimited Mileage
SC REC - FL SURCHG RECOV 2.00/DAY
$24.00 FL WASTE TIRE/BATTERY FEE .02/DAY
$0.24 VLF REC .80/DAY
$9.60 SALES TAX (7.0%)
$9.81
EMERALD CLUB MEMBERS (10.0%) -$14.04
$20 DOLLAR OFF WEEKLY -$20.00
Estimated Total (includes taxes and fees) $150.00
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old Jun 24, 20, 1:41 pm
  #38  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 4,093
Warning: The governors of several states in the Northeast have slapped a mandatory 2 week quarantine on travelers arriving from emerging coronavirus hotspots. This will be effective at midnight. The FL driveout is still on, for the next few days anyway. No word yet on what happens to people already en route, given the multi-day nature of such drives.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:00 am
  #39  
Ambassador, New England
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maineiac, USA
Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Posts: 2,655
Driveout rates definitely still happening. I've reserved a one-way rental for a friend of mine for 9 days from Florida to the northeast for a Standard SUV, less than $300 all-in. And rates are dropping since I first reserved it (started around $370+, then down to $340+, now under $300), so definitely use AutoSlash to track for rate drops.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
lo2e is offline  
Old Jun 26, 20, 7:28 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
Originally Posted by lo2e View Post
Driveout rates definitely still happening. I've reserved a one-way rental for a friend of mine for 9 days from Florida to the northeast for a Standard SUV, less than $300 all-in. And rates are dropping since I first reserved it (started around $370+, then down to $340+, now under $300), so definitely use AutoSlash to track for rate drops.
conflating with "drive-out"? Drive-out rate would be $5-12/day tops.

Please do lmk the LATEST pick-up/drop-off on any true FL driveout
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 20, 11:31 am
  #41  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 4,093
It seems the latest pick up date is now the last day in June. 2 weeks max for most if not all cases.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old Jun 26, 20, 3:51 pm
  #42  
Ambassador, New England
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maineiac, USA
Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Posts: 2,655
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2 View Post
conflating with "drive-out"? Drive-out rate would be $5-12/day tops.

Please do lmk the LATEST pick-up/drop-off on any true FL driveout
Does that $5-12/day for all classes and include all taxes and fees? The one for my friend is for a standard SUV and includes all taxes/fees - $260+ all-in.

I guess I thought it was a driveout type of rate because it's much, much lower than a typical Florida-northeast one-way rate.
lo2e is offline  
Old Jun 26, 20, 6:59 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,610
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
It seems the latest pick up date is now the last day in June. 2 weeks max for most if not all cases.
TY. National's was precisely 5/30, and seemed up to 4 weeks
SinglePapa2 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 20, 7:12 pm
  #44  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 4,093
Originally Posted by lo2e View Post
Does that $5-12/day for all classes and include all taxes and fees? The one for my friend is for a standard SUV and includes all taxes/fees - $260+ all-in.

I guess I thought it was a driveout type of rate because it's much, much lower than a typical Florida-northeast one-way rate.
It depends. SUVs and vans are usually in the $25/day and up range for this one-way special. Cars typically start out in the $15/day range early in the season, and then drop to $12, then $10, and possibly even $5 as time passes.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old Aug 18, 20, 10:41 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 709
No Florida drive in specials this year so far.
nd2010 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread