Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

FL & AZ driveouts are still planned as normal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FL & AZ driveouts are still planned as normal?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Pick up where, and return where? If this was the FL driveout, how many miles do you think the agent at return expected, and if you did a lot more, what was their reaction?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Pick up where, and return where? If this was the FL driveout, how many miles do you think the agent at return expected, and if you did a lot more, what was their reaction?
This was a routine (for this forum) matter over this decade. I posted my details in a few threads. Most noticeable for me out of this 15-day experience was:
1. my debut with this vendor - and no issues
2. rate was certainly lowest of any company, despite posters on this forum who provided zero evidence (I've posted my actual invoice as I drove off)
3. the only reaction I got was a smile, and a wish on guy's face he caught two weeks in FL lol

Look, I can't try to stack "up to 45% off", cuz it's PREPAID offer. I hope someone can benefit, and post intel
Old May 6, 2020, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
This was a routine (for this forum) matter over this decade. I posted my details in a few threads. Most noticeable for me out of this 15-day experience was:
1. my debut with this vendor - and no issues
2. rate was certainly lowest of any company, despite posters on this forum who provided zero evidence (I've posted my actual invoice as I drove off)
3. the only reaction I got was a smile, and a wish on guy's face he caught two weeks in FL lol

Look, I can't try to stack "up to 45% off", cuz it's PREPAID offer. I hope someone can benefit, and post intel
I just noticed that in-Florida daily rates are just as low as drive-out rate! Are Germans the lowest in-FL too?
Old May 14, 2020, 10:12 am

I just noticed that in-Florida daily rates are just as low as drive-out rate! Are Germans the lowest in-FL too?
But now for May 30, I see no strong FL deals from Germans. Any other company beating them?
Old May 14, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

National is now apparently participating, with Aisle choice, not just Enterprise and Alamo.
SinglePapa2 likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 10:25 am

National is now apparently participating, with Aisle choice, not just Enterprise and Alamo.
TY! I determine latest pick-up to be, unfortunately, May 30
Old May 25, 2020, 4:28 pm

I have a 12-day reservation; so I suppose no cheaper FL drive-out?
Sat, May 30, 2020 RETURN Thu, June 11, 2020 Full Size Car (I'm wondering what's the highest category that EE is eligible after FREE UPGRADE?) Ford Fusion or similar
TIME & DISTANCE 1 WEEKLY @ $99.09 $99.09 EXTRA - TIME & DISTANCE 5 DAILY @ $8.26 $41.30
Unlimited Mileage
SC REC - FL SURCHG RECOV 2.00/DAY
$24.00 FL WASTE TIRE/BATTERY FEE .02/DAY
$0.24 VLF REC .80/DAY
$9.60 SALES TAX (7.0%)
$9.81
EMERALD CLUB MEMBERS (10.0%) -$14.04
$20 DOLLAR OFF WEEKLY -$20.00
Estimated Total (includes taxes and fees) $150.00
Old Jun 24, 2020, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Warning: The governors of several states in the Northeast have slapped a mandatory 2 week quarantine on travelers arriving from emerging coronavirus hotspots. This will be effective at midnight. The FL driveout is still on, for the next few days anyway. No word yet on what happens to people already en route, given the multi-day nature of such drives.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:00 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Driveout rates definitely still happening. I've reserved a one-way rental for a friend of mine for 9 days from Florida to the northeast for a Standard SUV, less than $300 all-in. And rates are dropping since I first reserved it (started around $370+, then down to $340+, now under $300), so definitely use AutoSlash to track for rate drops.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by lo2e
Driveout rates definitely still happening. I've reserved a one-way rental for a friend of mine for 9 days from Florida to the northeast for a Standard SUV, less than $300 all-in. And rates are dropping since I first reserved it (started around $370+, then down to $340+, now under $300), so definitely use AutoSlash to track for rate drops.
conflating with "drive-out"? Drive-out rate would be $5-12/day tops.

Please do lmk the LATEST pick-up/drop-off on any true FL driveout
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:31 am
Original Poster

It seems the latest pick up date is now the last day in June. 2 weeks max for most if not all cases.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:51 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
conflating with "drive-out"? Drive-out rate would be $5-12/day tops.

Please do lmk the LATEST pick-up/drop-off on any true FL driveout
Does that $5-12/day for all classes and include all taxes and fees? The one for my friend is for a standard SUV and includes all taxes/fees - $260+ all-in.

I guess I thought it was a driveout type of rate because it's much, much lower than a typical Florida-northeast one-way rate.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 5:59 pm

It seems the latest pick up date is now the last day in June. 2 weeks max for most if not all cases.
TY. National's was precisely 5/30, and seemed up to 4 weeks
Old Jun 26, 2020, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lo2e
Does that $5-12/day for all classes and include all taxes and fees? The one for my friend is for a standard SUV and includes all taxes/fees - $260+ all-in.

I guess I thought it was a driveout type of rate because it's much, much lower than a typical Florida-northeast one-way rate.
It depends. SUVs and vans are usually in the $25/day and up range for this one-way special. Cars typically start out in the $15/day range early in the season, and then drop to $12, then $10, and possibly even $5 as time passes.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 9:41 am

No Florida drive in specials this year so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.