Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hertz Ultimate Choice vs National Emerald Aisle at LAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC

I'll be visiting Vegas in the next few months and I currently have Executive Status with National and while I'm in the process of seeing if Hertz will match it for the Five Star Status, for those who go to LAS fairly often or have been recently, I'm just wondering which CYOC area has the best selection? Wouldn't be looking for a truck or SUV, most likely a sedan like a charger or something sporty like a Challenger or Camaro, last time I went was a couple years ago and I managed to snag a Challenger R/T from National but it wasn't via the Emerald Aisle.

Thanks,
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:34 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

The equivalent of National Emerald Executive level would be President’s Circle at Hertz. Odds are you won’t find anything great outside of a paid upgrade unless you are PC status with Hertz.

Vegas can bit hit or miss in terms of selection at least for Hertz. Out of 5 recent rentals there with Hertz we got a Mustang GT Convertible once (which was a blast) but the other 4 times were nothing to write home about. National seems to have a better selection overall in our experience so while you might get lucky at Hertz, you’re probably going to be better off on the whole renting from National as an EE there.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
The equivalent of National Emerald Executive level would be President’s Circle at Hertz. Odds are you won’t find anything great outside of a paid upgrade unless you are PC status with Hertz.
Doesn't Executive match to Five Star?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:42 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by m907
Doesn't Executive match to Five Star?
There are equivalency and status match which are not necessarily the same. The tier matching is as follows:

Herz Gold = National Emerald Club
Hertz Five Star = National Emerald Executive
Hertz President's Circle = National Emerald Executive Elite

In terms of status match, it depends on the number of rentals and the total spend in the last 12 months as per this Hertz page.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: Corporate Account Manager - ABG
Don't forget about Avis! As a corporate account manager I'd be happy to take a look at your renting habits and see if we can get you qualified for Preferred Plus and/or President's Club.

Shoot me a message if you're interested!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.